upfront May 01,2014
Med's Done....
Apri 25, 2014
Interview........
N/a
Passport Req..
Oct 14,2014
ERK29 said:
Thanks for your advice sherych...Have sent cic an email. lets hope they will not reject our application because this...We received RPRF and biodata request on April 15th but never got the MR. We even sent an email to CIC saying that we received RPRF but no medical and they replied "your application is in process and no further information is required from you"
Just frustrated that we wasted 2 months waiting patiently.. :(
Dear ERK29,
I am also in same situation, dont worry they will reply you but you can do upfront medical now !!!! I an goin to do this week , i am also one month no response cic

shah0076

Jun 7, 2012
ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12,2014
AOR Received.
Aug 11,2014
File Transfer...
Aug 18,2014 turn to " in process" oct 14, 2014
Med's Request
upfront May 01,2014
Med's Done....
Apri 25, 2014
Interview........
N/a
Passport Req..
Oct 14,2014
ERK29 said:
Thanks for your advice sherych...Have sent cic an email. lets hope they will not reject our application because this...We received RPRF and biodata request on April 15th but never got the MR. We even sent an email to CIC saying that we received RPRF but no medical and they replied "your application is in process and no further information is required from you"
Just frustrated that we wasted 2 months waiting patiently.. :(
Dear ERK29,
I am also in same situation, dont worry they will reply you but you can do upfront medical now !!!! I an goin to do this week , i am also one month no response cic

pellegrino

Jan 30, 2013
Hello everybody!

I hope you are living happily in Canada and for those of you who are not yet: keep trying! You will get it!

This thread has been going for about a year now, so I assume there are some very knowledgable people here. And I hope so! I am happy to have found it, and excited to join as a new member.

Now for the test:

Question 1

I undestand that I can send IMM5709 (APPLICATION TO CHANGE CONDITIONS, EXTEND MY STAY OR REMAIN IN CANADA AS A STUDENT) from inside Canada as a Common-Law partner of a Skilled Worker in National Occupation Classification skill level 0, A, or B.

But, I am not sure if it is acceptable that the work permit of my common-law partner has only 11 days of validity remaining but is in the process of renewal (i.e. submitted online and in process).

Will this affect the decision on my application? Note that the work permit included in the application will be out of date by the time the application is reviewed. However, once my common law partner recieves the renewed work permit, he will be able to provide a valid, in-date work permit if requested by the CIC.

Perhaps attaching a letter of explanation with details of the work permit renewal is a solution? However, this is a risk because we only have one chance and a short window of opportunity to get a favorable decision on the IMM5709 (classes start September 3rd).

Your guidance, thoughts and replies are much appreciated. Thank you.

Question 2

Assuming more validity on the current work permit is required and the proposal in Question 1 is unacceptable, my common law partner will travel to the US border and do a flagpole. He will renew his work permit at that time.

While he is there, maybe he can do something for me...

As a US Citizen, can he apply for an Initial Study Permit for me at the Canadian border as my representative, without requiring me to enter the US? I am his common law partner and a Chilean national legally in Canada as a visitor.

Because our deadline is so soon, I am unable to wait for an application to be approved by the US, and thus, must investigate these alternate methods.

Again, Your guidance, thoughts and replies are very much appreciated. I am looking for prompt replies! Thank you.

With love,

Pellegrino's girlfriend :-*

brithekop

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
AOR Received.
08-08-2012
Med's Request
17-08-2013
Med's Done....
20-08-2013
Passport Req..
12-09-2013
I still haven't received my medicals...

Should I start panicking and call them now?

brithekop

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
AOR Received.
08-08-2012
Med's Request
17-08-2013
Med's Done....
20-08-2013
Passport Req..
12-09-2013
honeysingh said:
If you haven't applied GCMS, apply ASAP . It'll take 30 days to get them.
I already applied and I am still waiting for the GCMS.

So when I actually receive the GCMS, what does it suppose to show me?

honeysingh

Feb 20, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brithekop said:
I already applied and I am still waiting for the GCMS.

So when I actually receive the GCMS, what does it suppose to show me?
it will be like 30-35 pages and It'll contain all the information of your Application.

Right from no of applicants, dates, eligibility PASS/Fail , due date of your application, visa officer's: ID, comments.

You will know at what stage the application is right now and more

calgaryboy24

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July-10-2012
AOR Received.
August-2012
Med's Request
March-20-2013
Med's Done....
April-06-2013

calgaryboy24

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July-10-2012
AOR Received.
August-2012
Med's Request
March-20-2013
Med's Done....
April-06-2013
junione2 said:
Congratulations calgaryboy24 Your journey is finally over
Have a great trip to the border and happy landing :D
Thanks Junione2. Would you guys know what type of questions visa officer will be asking while doing landing on the Canadian side of border and also has anyone done landing at Coutts AB border crossing?

nikkit

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2012, received by Sydney July 19, 2012
AOR Received.
August 16, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
May 24, 2013
Med's Done....
June 3, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: August 7, 2013
LANDED..........
August 10, 2013
any idea what happens after "decision made" shows up in ECAS?

do we wait for the COPR in the mail (visa-exempt country) or wait for passport request in email (non-visa-exempt country)? any idea how long that takes???

i'm waiting to get back to work coz my WP has expired.. at which point do you think i'll be able to go back to work?

CECAUG1

Star Member
Oct 20, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP, Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2012
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
August 23
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
Aug 1st 2013
Med's Request
May 29th 2013
Med's Done....
June 10th 2013
hello everyone........updating a bit late......my eCAS said Decision made on Friday July 5th and yesterday I got PPR via email.....
I have to arrange to get my family's passports from India though :eek: :eek: :eek:.....n trying to mail them soon.....
Hope it answers ur query too NIKKIT....

Its a big relief 8) :p 8).... I wish everyone's case to wind up soon too.....

Good luck everyone.....

pari_p

Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CECAUG1 said:
hello everyone........updating a bit late......my eCAS said Decision made on Friday July 5th and yesterday I got PPR via email.....
I have to arrange to get my family's passports from India though :eek: :eek: :eek:.....n trying to mail them soon.....

Good luck everyone.....
Awesome Congrats!! Do you please mind to post how you got your family's passport to Canada from India? I should be in the same boat as you in few months!

july2012

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 July 2012
AOR Received.
21 Aug 2012
Med's Request
30 May 2013
Med's Done....
10 June 2013, Medical received status in ECAS on Jun 27
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
3 July 2013,Decision Made in ECAS on 5 July
VISA ISSUED...
24 july received my passport
LANDED..........
31 july @ peace bridge
Congrats CECAUG1 and other applicants who got PPR.

seekr

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Great, Congrats CEAUG1.

I got my Meds request on the same day as you.
Did my medicals on June 7 and still waiting for eCAS status to change and for PPR. ("In Process" now)
The doctor's office claims the results were sent within 20 days of doing medicals but would not give a date it was uploaded.
When was your medicals results uploaded by the doctor?

What is the process from now on? You send the passports and wait for a month to get it back along with COPR?
I was hearing there was a process change. Is that true and if so what is the process change?

CECAUG1 said:

Good luck everyone.....