Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2013
LANDED..........
12-01-2013
Yesterday my fiancé and I went to the rainbow bridge in Niagara Falls to do his "landing" from getting to the USA border until becoming officially a PR at the Canada side it took 1 hr and 20 mins.

Pulled up to the USA border he asked for our passports my partner said he was landing as a pr the guy gave him a small piece of paper told us to park, go inside the building up to second floor and the passports would be up there waiting for us.

Got upstairs to a big room with about 6 couples waiting they called out names and we waited about 15 mins for our to be called we were then told to go back to the first floor and wait. We were joined by 3 other couples doing the same as us. Our names were called and we were all told to bring the cars to the front door, once there he directed us to a gate, we pulled up to the gate the agent came over gave us our passports and a refusal of entry to the USA for my partner, the gate opened and went straight through the gates to go back to Canada.

***** note to anyone doing this you have to pay $3.25 cash to leave the USA ****

Got to Canada customs agent who gave us a yellow card and told us to present it inside with copr and passports. Parked at Canada border and were told to join the big line that wasn't a line at all just a bunch of people standing around there was no order and was very disorganized. Anyway an agency came around and collected everyone's yellow card and passport. We sat for a while then got called up and asked to confirm name address and that I was sponsor and told to sit again.... Another 10 mins and then asked to sign COPR. He took the copy that had the photo and the other was stapled into my partners passport . He said pr card would arrive 4-6 weeks and to keep the COPR safe as we will need it when he applies for citizenship. And that his 1.5 yrs in Canada Already will count as 9 months towards citizenship.... So he can get that in 2 yrs 3 months!!!!!

That was it! Very easy! They didn't ask for anything except passport and COPR and the whole process was less than 1.5 hrs it was just the amount of other people that made it take that long.

I hope everyone else has such an easy process and I wish u all luck!!!!

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
Fantastic news figgy - Congratulations again!

Sounds like the process wasn't too hectic, albeit a bit disorganized. When you said your fiancee was given refusal into USA I was like "huh??!"
But I am sure that was part of the process!
Awesome news that the time spent in Canada also goes towards citizenship- the next big step!

dawndarkharp

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-12
Med's Done....
17-05-2012
WOW!!! Figgy that is fantastic!!! That gives me great hope to when my spouses' PR comes. The US border is about a 30 minute drive from us, so knowing that we could go through the border to land in Canada is a huge relief. It sounds like it wasn't too much trouble at all! Thank you for the information, that's really comforting to know it went so smoothly :)

dawndarkharp

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-12
Med's Done....
17-05-2012
Question:
My spouse and I are still waiting for the VO decision or any sign of the application being processed. After we applied, I returned to Canada alone. My spouse came later (as he was still dealing with his father's death and making sure his family was ok) and is living with me here in Canada as a visitor while we wait. I checked with CIC before doing this and they said that was fine and it would have no effect on our application.

My spouse can only stay for 6 months. We're getting close to the date where we would need to apply for a visitor's extension. Should we apply for this and do you think CIC would permit an extension for him to stay in Canada until we receive word? Or do you think they would reject it? I am not sure what to do... I don't want to send him home alone. Should I go with him if he is denied an extension and we do not receive our PR before his departure date?

cherrylou

Jan 14, 2013
Hi Everyone,

I am sponsoring my American Husband. CIC received my application July 17, 2012 and August 27, 2012 I received a letter from CPP-Mississauga that I am eligible as a Sponsor and they forward my application to CPP-Ottawa for further processing. Does anyone heard anything from CPP-Ottawa who is the same timeline as mine?

lunas

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/07/2012
AOR Received.
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013
cherrylou said:
Hi Everyone,

I am sponsoring my American Husband. CIC received my application July 17, 2012 and August 27, 2012 I received a letter from CPP-Mississauga that I am eligible as a Sponsor and they forward my application to CPP-Ottawa for further processing. Does anyone heard anything from CPP-Ottawa who is the same timeline as mine?
There is an Ottawa spreadsheet. Check my signature for the link.

blessedelaine

Dec 10, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
61312 mailed out
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
61512 CPC-M received
AOR Received.
82112- thru email
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
012813-email/ Submitted all docs: 040213
VISA ISSUED...
042513 PDOS.......:042613
LANDED..........
Goodluck Julyers.. :)

I am a June sponsor and is still patiently waiting for PPR for my hubby.. :(

Woffles

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
dawndarkharp said:
Question:
My spouse and I are still waiting for the VO decision or any sign of the application being processed. After we applied, I returned to Canada alone. My spouse came later (as he was still dealing with his father's death and making sure his family was ok) and is living with me here in Canada as a visitor while we wait. I checked with CIC before doing this and they said that was fine and it would have no effect on our application.

My spouse can only stay for 6 months. We're getting close to the date where we would need to apply for a visitor's extension. Should we apply for this and do you think CIC would permit an extension for him to stay in Canada until we receive word? Or do you think they would reject it? I am not sure what to do... I don't want to send him home alone. Should I go with him if he is denied an extension and we do not receive our PR before his departure date?
I think you'll be fine. When I applied to extend my status as a visitor I asked for a 12 month extension, rather than the usual 6, because I was applying for the PR. I explained my situation and plans in my application for the extension and I got the 12 months. I just provided proof that I could support myself for that time. If you just explain you're just waiting for your PR application to be processed (provide the file numbers and whatnot) and give them proof that he has funds to support himself then there shouldn't be a problem.

dawndarkharp

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-12
Med's Done....
17-05-2012
Woffles said:
I think you'll be fine. When I applied to extend my status as a visitor I asked for a 12 month extension, rather than the usual 6, because I was applying for the PR. I explained my situation and plans in my application for the extension and I got the 12 months. I just provided proof that I could support myself for that time. If you just explain you're just waiting for your PR application to be processed (provide the file numbers and whatnot) and give them proof that he has funds to support himself then there shouldn't be a problem.
That's great!!! Thank you :)
He doesn't have the funds to support himself because he can't work here. But I am supporting us both. Would my support as his sponsor be enough proof to them that he has support while staying here? Or should we make arrangements to put some money in his account? I don't want to lie, but I don't want him to have to go home either.

Thank you so much, that's a huge relief :D
Cheers!
Amanda

Woffles

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
Yep, he can state on the application that you are supporting him, I guess you could include a bank statement/pay stub to show you are earning money, or something else that is appropriate to prove you are supporting him. Or maybe write a letter to say that you are employed full time and supporting him whilst you are waiting for the PR, and get the letter notarized (just to show that he didn't make up the letter himself)? Whatever works for you really, I'm sure whatever you choose will be fine.

Hope that helps :)

wongchild

Oct 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
AOR Received.
19-11-2012
Med's Done....
03-10-2012
Finally.. We got some news. Rome found our missing package including updated police checks, proof of shared assets and recent visits. An email was sent today stating, "Your documents are currently in queue to be reviewed." I guess this means we are in a line up to have a decision made. Hopes and prayers to all so we can be reunited in Canada !! :)

prithiv

Sep 14, 2012
india
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
Doc's Request.
dated 21-01-2013, received on 28-01-2012
File Transfer...
23-10-2012
Med's Done....
26-04-2012
Interview........
09-05-2013
Passport Req..
11-12-2012
Double Rainbow said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :'( :'( :'( Hello everyone. I have bad news. Hubby was denied his visa with a phone call the next day after his interview. Check my explanation on the Havana thread. We both have been crying, very sad, devasted, angry, numb,shocked and don't even know which direction to go. :'( :'( :'( This is far from over for us. We have come too far to let this tear us apart. :mad: :mad: :mad: Let the games begin!!!

OMG!!! im very sorry friend and i feel sad :( for you . don't give up

prithiv

Sep 14, 2012
india
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
Doc's Request.
dated 21-01-2013, received on 28-01-2012
File Transfer...
23-10-2012
Med's Done....
26-04-2012
Interview........
09-05-2013
Passport Req..
11-12-2012
figgy said:
My fiancées COPR arrived today! It was in a package along with all our pictures and bank statements that they decided to return! Only problem was the entire package was destroyed and everything in it was wet! Canada post had to out it all in a plastic bag with a printed apology on it.

So our COPR is sitting near the heater drying out.

We are going to buffalo on Saturday to flagpole and hope its a s,oath process. Any advice on what documents we need to take?

Good luck to everyone else and I hope your process is a s quick as our has been
congratulations and thank you for the wishes :)

emily_anya

May 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 03 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 30 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 20 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Passport Req..
Jan 30 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 13 2013 :D
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Hi! can some one add me to the cpp ottawa spreadsheet....
Application rcvd July 3rd 2012
1st stage approved Sept 19th 2012

and thats it so far hahaha

Good luck everyone!

thanks!

Line

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2012
AOR Received.
sponsorship approved november 8, 2012
Med's Done....
15-05-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
never requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 28,2013
LANDED..........
April 14, 2013
Hi, Can someone also add me to the CPP Ottawa spreadsheet? I thought I was there for a while but I seemed to have disappeared ??? Application received July 30th, sponsorship approved November 8th... and now waiting and hoping to receive request for PPR. My husband's medical will expire in May. Hopefully everything will be done by then. If not, will he have to do it again? and his dependant, who is not accompanying him, has now turned 22 on Jan. 14th so technically he is no longer a dependant. Hopefully he won't have to redo it...tks.