Sent 02-7-2011 Received 08-07-2011
AOR Received.
CIC PER 28-09-2011 MANILA VO AOR 18-10-2011
IELTS Request
Band 9.0 Original TRF sent
Med's Request
Sent 22-11-2011 Received 14-12-2011
Med's Done....
Meds Done 15-12-2011; Sent 26-12-2011 Received 16-01-2012; Payment for RPRF sent 21-12-2011 Received 22-12-2011
Passport Req..
02-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-28-2012
LANDED..........
03-13-2012
Canuckpitman said:
Future Canadians,

I just hope that what you indicated in your proof of funds is yours and yours alone...
It will be good for everyone to take the settlement funds requirement seriously. The Canadian government, through the FSW program, fully acknowledges the fact that it takes some time for new immigrants to land gainful employment in Canada. That is precisely why they require applicants to set aside funds to get them through their first few months after the big move. The amounts set are not arbitrary. These represent average costs of living across Canada, for families of varying sizes. Again, there are no surprises here.

On another note, I would like to say I am all for dignity of labor. There is nothing wrong with washing dishes (or cleaning houses for that matter) for a living. If that is what one wants to do, he should do so with gusto and pride. If someone, by force of circumstance, has to take on a temporary job washing dishes to get him through an awkward start, he should do so with pride while not losing sight of the larger goal he has set out for himself. Everyone needs to work to get to where they want to be. Nothing is going to be served on a silver platter.

I myself has an MBA. But I haven't wrapped my MBA and my profession around my self-esteem. I am more than just a degree and a profession. In any case, not all MBAs are created equal. To those wishing to take an MBA outside of Canada, make sure you select a program that is accredited by AACSB, AMBA, and Equis. To most of the developed world, these are the accreditation that matter.

farrukh ahmad

Aug 2, 2011
LANDED..........
March 2014
umatar said:
So unpleasant and confusing situation.

Yesterday I got reply, that I do not qualify for an Electrician - NOC 7241 ?!, instead I have applied under NOC 1122. I rechecked all my documents that have sent them in order to be sure that it is not my mistake. EVERYWHERE is states NOC 1122 that I apply for. My job duties and education are under NOC 1122. My documents are under NOC 1122, and they reply me about NOC 7241.

I am so confused about this situation. Tried to reply their e-mail, but it is blocked of course. Sent an enquiry to standard e-mail for application status enquiries, as well as on my VO e-mail. Today I am going to sent CIO a fax and will try their hot line.
I have some months work experience as Electrician - almost 10 years ago, which of course, I mention when filling application forms, but did not stated it in my NOC preferences.
I also made enquiry about my apllication status after 36 days of receive, stating NOC 1122 and they replied with "...initial processing..."

I do not know what else could I do.

Please, if anyone have heard about other cases with wrong assessed NOC share the experience.
:eek: i cant believe

Memo84

Star Member
Sep 12, 2011
Damascus/ Syria
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sent 26-06-2012,
Doc's Request.
All documents were sent with application
IELTS Request
Band : 7.0 / sent with application
farrukh ahmad said:
:eek: i cant believe
I would say they have sent you the email by mistake and they will correct it later... calm down & wait ::) ::)

norven

Star Member
Sep 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2011(Sent to N.S on July 11,2011)
AOR Received.
17-10-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
11-01-2012
Med's Done....
28-01-2012 (Recieved by LVO on 2-2-12);E-cas update 17-2-12;RPRF encashed on March 16, 2012
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
30-05-2012 PPs received by LVO on 08-06-12
VISA ISSUED...
July 4, 2012 (PPs received on July 11, 2012)
LANDED..........
hopefully Dec. 2012
Hi everyone! I just received a call from my bank a few hours ago informing me that my BD was encashed last September 14, 2011. I belong to NOC 3152 and my application was received in CIO last July 18...hoping to receive a good news soon! Please update my status in the spread sheet. Thank you!

butetebetlog

Star Member
Sep 3, 2011
Chaos Throne
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept. 28, 2011
File Transfer...
Oct. 18, 2011
Med's Request
Feb. 9, 2012 (dated Feb.1)
Med's Done....
Feb. 13, 2012
Interview........
Jan. 26, 2012
Passport Req..
Jun. 27, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Jul. 09, 2012
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Hi, everyone. I would like to ask a question. I already received my PER last week. My application was received on July 7th. NOC 3152. I don't want to sound negative or worrisome but I read a post in this thread (or maybe in another) about an application being denied/withdrawn after being received by the visa office. What do you think are the chances of an application being withdrawn after RBVO? And what would be the probable/usual cause for this? I have just a total of 68 points (just a little above the passing mark). Now I'm thinking maybe I'd get denied by the VO if a lot of applicants in my NOC have higher points than I have? I mean, after being assessed as positive by the CIO, the local visa office would then change it to negative? Thanks in advance! Wishing you all the best with your applications.

tinytutina

Sep 18, 2011
norven said:
Hi everyone! I just received a call from my bank a few hours ago informing me that my BD was encashed last September 14, 2011. I belong to NOC 3152 and my application was received in CIO last July 18...hoping to receive a good news soon! Please update my status in the spread sheet. Thank you!
hi norven! its good to hear ur BDs been encashed already.. my application was received last July 23, not far from yours:) I hope to receive sumthing positive soon.:) when do you think the email will arrive?? I've been checking my mail almost everyday since October started! Im also applying under NOC 3152. wru from btw??:)

saqibs2

Star Member
Jun 27, 2011
lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7/12/2011
AOR Received.
10/05/2011
Med's Request
18/10/2012
Med's Done....
30/10/2012
Passport Req..
PPR1 20/12/2012 DM:25/12/2012
Hi friends
Just now I got PER
Application received 12 July 2011
BD Enchased 26 Aug.
PER 5 Oct
*E*
Anybody can tell me I counted my Education point 22 for 4 year Bpharm and 1 year Pharm D.
If they will give me 20 point then my point will be 66 but now I got PER its mean they give me 22 point for my education
Best Regards
Saqib

sho78

Sep 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-7-2011 (recieved by CIO), CC charged on 16-Aug
Doc's Request.
Sent with the application
AOR Received.
PER received 29th Sept
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
07-03-2012
Med's Done....
12-03-2012, Recd by VO on 16-03-2012, Medical received line added 24-04-12
Passport Req..
14-May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2012
butetebetlog said:
Hi, everyone. I would like to ask a question. I already received my PER last week. My application was received on July 7th. NOC 3152. I don't want to sound negative or worrisome but I read a post in this thread (or maybe in another) about an application being denied/withdrawn after being received by the visa office. What do you think are the chances of an application being withdrawn after RBVO? And what would be the probable/usual cause for this? I have just a total of 68 points (just a little above the passing mark). Now I'm thinking maybe I'd get denied by the VO if a lot of applicants in my NOC have higher points than I have? I mean, after being assessed as positive by the CIO, the local visa office would then change it to negative? Thanks in advance! Wishing you all the best with your applications.
You dont need to worry about VO rejection as long as your points are more than or qual to 67 unless they found something doubtfull in your documents like if they think any of your documents is not genuine or something, you dont dont to worry about getting the just the pass mark even if you have 1 extra point than the pass mark...

luckymystery

Champion Member
Aug 5, 2011
Saskatchewan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
AOR on 05-10-11. PER Received on 25-10-11
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
LVO started processing on my file on 04-01-2012
Med's Request
05-1-12 & Recvd on 11-1-12
Med's Done....
20-1-12, received by VO on 09-2-12 & on ecas on 18-02-12
Interview........
Waived :-)
Passport Req..
Step-1 on 05-03-12. Ecas Decision Made on 05-3-12, Step-2 02-5-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-12
LANDED..........
July - 12
@ Moyrzg and Saqibs2,

Congrats at your PER's.
Good luck for the coming steps.

Your Highness

Champion Member
Sep 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th Sep 2011
AOR Received.
PER rcvd on 14th Dec 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with Docs
File Transfer...
AOR from NDVO rcvd on 21 Jan 2012
Med's Request
7th Feb 2012
Med's Done....
Med sent on 24th Feb 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Req rcvd on 7th Feb sent on 24th Feb 2012. RPRF DD encashed on 11th April
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 10th May. PPs rcvd with Visa on 14th May 2012
LANDED..........
Landed in Toronto on 3rd July 2012!
butetebetlog said:
CIC doesnt go by "highest marks" or any such. A person getting 77 is treated in the same way as someone getting 67. The applications are processed on a first come first serve basis and your marks has no binding on that, whatsoever. As long as you have achieved 67 points, within CAP (which you are) and all your docs are genuine, you're through!!
Enjoy you PER for the moment. There are many friends in this forum keenly waiting for their PER (for some its much overdue and hence worrisome). You are one of the lucky ones. So enjoy your PER and keep your fingers crossed for the rest of the process.
Good luck!

shijoal

Feb 27, 2011
new delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
newdelhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
not yet
AOR Received.
06-09=2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
16-01-2012
Med's Done....
24-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
congratulations, both of you, Moyrzg and Saqibs2,

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Your Highness

Champion Member
Sep 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th Sep 2011
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Submitted with Docs
File Transfer...
Med's Request
7th Feb 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
alaindotcom said:
It will be good for everyone to take the settlement funds requirement seriously. The Canadian government, through the FSW program, fully acknowledges the fact that it takes some time for new immigrants to land gainful employment in Canada. That is precisely why they require applicants to set aside funds to get them through their first few months after the big move. The amounts set are not arbitrary. These represent average costs of living across Canada, for families of varying sizes. Again, there are no surprises here.

On another note, I would like to say I am all for dignity of labor. There is nothing wrong with washing dishes (or cleaning houses for that matter) for a living. If that is what one wants to do, he should do so with gusto and pride. If someone, by force of circumstance, has to take on a temporary job washing dishes to get him through an awkward start, he should do so with pride while not losing sight of the larger goal he has set out for himself. Everyone needs to work to get to where they want to be. Nothing is going to be served on a silver platter.

I myself has an MBA. But I haven't wrapped my MBA and my profession around my self-esteem. I am more than just a degree and a profession. In any case, not all MBAs are created equal. To those wishing to take an MBA outside of Canada, make sure you select a program that is accredited by AACSB, AMBA, and Equis. To most of the developed world, these are the accreditation that matter.
Alain....write well...you do! Surprised no one has ever told you this before. Anyway the "royal way" of gauging these literary senses are a tad bit different I guess ;-) ha ha ha.....
I am all for "dignity of labour" and infact thats one quality that I really admire in countries like US and Canada.
Let me share my very personal exp with some friends of mine, who I am pretty close to, which means I know them well and they share their anxieties with me without holding back anything.
I have many friends who are well settled in Canada and loving the Canadian life, at the same time I have 2 very close friends who have come back from Canada after living there for a good 3 to 4 years.
Friend No.1 says that he had had enough of staying up nights working as security guard or working as janitor in offices where he never stopped feeling he belonged to the boardroom instead. And righfully so, because he was in a very good position here in India before moving there. Well after some time he didnt have to work as janitor anymore, and got himself a fairly good job, but as a junior excutive. Not satisfied, he moved back to India.
Friend No. 2 bagged a good job in a bank as Area Manager at the first go, after just about 4-5 months of doing a survival job. Well he is back in India too, as his position was not "big" enough and he missed his family (wife and kids were with him, he missed bro sis mom dad)

They have both been in India now for more than 3 years. Both have "boardroom jobs" now in big telecom companies, earning mega bucks, but complain endlessly about the working conditions and the stress that they are going through. Every phone call to me would be full of, my life is the pits....my health has taken a toll...etc etc......and not forgetting to mention the endless complains about the mundane system of education (one has kids) that his kids are being subjected to!!
So the moral of the story is.....actually the moral is so evident.
So you see it takes all kinds to make the world. And what a person is from the inside does not change no matter which country he lives in. A winner will make a place for himself wherever he is and a cribber will not stop cribbing even if he sent to paradise (if there indeed is a paradise).
Let us all be a winner...and think like a winner...what say pals?

Your Highness

Champion Member
Sep 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th Sep 2011
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Submitted with Docs
File Transfer...
Med's Request
7th Feb 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Congratulations SaqibS2 and good luck for the rest of the process.

luckymystery

Champion Member
Aug 5, 2011
Saskatchewan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
AOR on 05-10-11. PER Received on 25-10-11
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
LVO started processing on my file on 04-01-2012
Med's Request
05-1-12 & Recvd on 11-1-12
Med's Done....
20-1-12, received by VO on 09-2-12 & on ecas on 18-02-12
Interview........
Waived :-)
Passport Req..
Step-1 on 05-03-12. Ecas Decision Made on 05-3-12, Step-2 02-5-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-12
LANDED..........
July - 12
umatar said:
So unpleasant and confusing situation.

Yesterday I got reply, that I do not qualify for an Electrician - NOC 7241 ?!, instead I have applied under NOC 1122. I rechecked all my documents that have sent them in order to be sure that it is not my mistake. EVERYWHERE is states NOC 1122 that I apply for. My job duties and education are under NOC 1122. My documents are under NOC 1122, and they reply me about NOC 7241.

I am so confused about this situation. Tried to reply their e-mail, but it is blocked of course. Sent an enquiry to standard e-mail for application status enquiries, as well as on my VO e-mail. Today I am going to sent CIO a fax and will try their hot line.
I have some months work experience as Electrician - almost 10 years ago, which of course, I mention when filling application forms, but did not stated it in my NOC preferences.
I also made enquiry about my apllication status after 36 days of receive, stating NOC 1122 and they replied with "...initial processing..."

I do not know what else could I do.

Please, if anyone have heard about other cases with wrong assessed NOC share the experience.
When was your application received by CIO? If it was later than 8th July then CAP was already reached so I think Officer working on your file might have tried you assessing for your Electrician experience and found that not enuf proof is given and rejected your application. And if you had not mentioned it in your application that you have had a work experience of Electrician, I think your application might be sent back to you without assessment saying that CAP for 1122 was already reached.
This solely my opinion.

The other possibility might be a mistake by CIO in sending you that e-mail.

Your Highness

Champion Member
Sep 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th Sep 2011
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Submitted with Docs
File Transfer...
Med's Request
7th Feb 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
saqibs2 said:
Hi friends
Just now I got PER
Application received 12 July 2011
BD Enchased 26 Aug.
PER 5 Oct
*E*
Anybody can tell me I counted my Education point 22 for 4 year Bpharm and 1 year Pharm D.
If they will give me 20 point then my point will be 66 but now I got PER its mean they give me 22 point for my education
Best Regards
Saqib
SaqibS2, would you like to post this (about your education years calculation) on the thread for phamacists? It will help a lot of people there and will offer clarification to many out there. This is the thread

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pharmacist-3131-t58292.1800.html

Cheers