Joining for MBA after PG Diploma?

gokilvnair

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Friends,

Sorry for bothering you all so much :p

I was just wondering if i can join for MBA in an University after doing PG Diploma in Financial Planning?

My academic marks are :-

10th: 73%
12th: 68% ... (Commerce with Maths)
BCom: 57%
And also i am doing my CA-Inter

My bcom marks are less as i gave more importance for CA .. will that be a problem if i score well in my PG?

Can i join for MBA after PG Diploma?

Please reply :)

gokilvnair

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh yeah my 12th marks are less because i had met with an accident 3 days before my exams :p
But i am sure Universities wont take that as an excuse :p hehe

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
gokilvnair said:
Oh yeah my 12th marks are less because i had met with an accident 3 days before my exams :p
But i am sure Universities wont take that as an excuse :p hehe
well best thing u can do is check different university requirements for MBA program and u will get an idea

arianuow

Nov 28, 2014
Hi,

Most of the Canadian Business schools would require a minimum GMAT score of 550 to be eligible to apply for an MBA program. But some top schools will have more stringent requirements in terms of not only GMAT, but also prior degrees, some may expect experience etc.

Good luck.

gokilvnair

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arianuow said:
Hi,

Most of the Canadian Business schools would require a minimum GMAT score of 550 to be eligible to apply for an MBA program. But some top schools will have more stringent requirements in terms of not only GMAT, but also prior degrees, some may expect experience etc.

Good luck.
Thank you so much :)

Aami333

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
gokilvnair said:
Hello Friends,

Sorry for bothering you all so much :p

I was just wondering if i can join for MBA in an University after doing PG Diploma in Financial Planning?

My academic marks are :-

10th: 73%
12th: 68% ... (Commerce with Maths)
BCom: 57%
And also i am doing my CA-Inter

My bcom marks are less as i gave more importance for CA .. will that be a problem if i score well in my PG?

Can i join for MBA after PG Diploma?

Please reply :)
No. PGDs do not lead to ones eligibility for any masters programs. for masters programs u need to have 16 years of education, be it simple Masters of Arts, Science or MBA.
PGDs and PGCs (Post Graduate Certificates) are NOT equal to 16 Years of education. they are considered Diplomas which enhance particular skills in students whether related to the field or not. thats the reason any one with any academic qualification can get admission in commonly any PGD provided they have 14 Years Bachelors.

also, ur marks in B.Comm are too low for admission in MBA in some reputable university.

u better consult any education consultant.

gokilvnair

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aami333 said:
No. PGDs do not lead to ones eligibility for any masters programs. for masters programs u need to have 16 years of education, be it simple Masters of Arts, Science or MBA.
PGDs and PGCs (Post Graduate Certificates) are NOT equal to 16 Years of education. they are considered Diplomas which enhance particular skills in students whether related to the field or not. thats the reason any one with any academic qualification can get admission in commonly any PGD provided they have 14 Years Bachelors.

also, ur marks in B.Comm are too low for admission in MBA in some reputable university.

u better consult any education consultant.
But then the PGD course i am planning to do has Articulation Agreements with an University for MBA... Then will my Bcom marks stand as an issue?

TulipP5

Nov 27, 2020
Hi I had a similar question.. I have an undergrad percentage:65%; IELTS score: L(8.5), R(6.5), W(6), S(7.5). If i opt for PG diploma in business management in a decent college and if i get a good score will i be able to apply in teir 1 and teir 2 MBA colleges of canada?