Hi

Did you send any emails to cic
I send 2 emails but no reply
Don't know what to do

Ben0101

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
vatish said:
Hi Guys...I applied for my study permit and my wife's open work permit on 29th Oct in Mumbai and file was received in Delhi on 30th Oct.

Haven't heard back from Embassy yet...am little worried as lots of people seams to get visa in less than a week.

Do you guys think having a work permit applicaiton attached to study permit application takes longer to process?

How much is average processing time?

Thanks for your help.
As per the website its 3 mnts and in my case it was 4. I would say avg is 4 mnts from my experience. Kindly have patience.. Applicants waiting since July - Aug!
Good luck!

Ben0101

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
24 said:
Hi ben

I have recently received medical request & will be going in coming days. Just wanted to ask since you are from mumbai, which practitioner should i prefer, One in the grant road or one in Lilavati (Bandra).

Where did you have your medicals done? I m willing to go to Grant road one since they are giving me the date i want
I went to the one at Nepeansea Road. I dnt knw if there is a one at Grant road. Good luck!

Thanks,
Ben

TestEntry

Jun 15, 2013
Guys, Any idea how long it takes to get WP after medical is done. I got my medical done on 11th of Nov. but still waiting for a news from CIC. :(

TestEntry

Jun 15, 2013
Guys, i have got passport request today. Can anyone tell me how can send my passport through courier or post?

If in person in New Delhi, then what is the address?

Thanks!

vsu

Star Member
Oct 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VFS i guess is the only option to send the passports... they have an office in Delhi.. all the best

onsjmd

Nov 15, 2013
Hi Folks Could throw some light here :) - Say once someone applies for a Job in Canada & the employer get a positivie LMO, he then goes and applies for TRV + WorkPermit right..

• The TRV is what is issued in embassy in your passport? Right?
  • You take this TRV and when u land in Canada, the customs/border officer issues you work permit? Right?
  • What decides the length of the TRV & Work Permit? If say the employer wants to have a contract for 2 years, do u get a 2 years TRV + WP or the duration all depends on validity of LMO?

Thanks!

foruaks

May 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Online
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2013
AOR Received.
26-07-2013
The Work Permit and TRV is based on the duration of LMO. You cannot apply for WP which is extending your LMO duration. Having said that, just for your knowledge, LMO mentions duration in years I.e. 2 years in your case and has a validity. You cannot apply for WP after the validity date of LMO. So make sure you apply for LMO for your required duration which can fetch a right duration WP.

Thanks...

onsjmd said:
Hi Folks Could throw some light here :) - Say once someone applies for a Job in Canada & the employer get a positivie LMO, he then goes and applies for TRV + WorkPermit right..

• The TRV is what is issued in embassy in your passport? Right?
  • You take this TRV and when u land in Canada, the customs/border officer issues you work permit? Right?
  • What decides the length of the TRV & Work Permit? If say the employer wants to have a contract for 2 years, do u get a 2 years TRV + WP or the duration all depends on validity of LMO?

Thanks!

Ben0101

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
sandeepdev said:
so i guess after the medical is been done they r sending passport request within 10 days?
hi Sandeep:
Please consider 15-20 working days on the safe side. but once u get the medical req there are very good chances of good news coming ur way.
Good luck!

- Ben

fpaikar

Jul 15, 2013
Hello friends just wanted to know if the spouse who has applied for an owp aling with her spouse get a separate apptoval mail.My husband got his approval mail yesterday and i got a mail stating my file has been processed.Thank you.

sandeepdev

Star Member
May 16, 2013
Ben0101 said:
hi Sandeep:
Please consider 15-20 working days on the safe side. but once u get the medical req there are very good chances of good news coming ur way.
Good luck!

- Ben
Thanks ben
yes my wife did her medical from lilavati mumbai on 20th this month
if i m not wrong u r also from mumbai and u have got ur work visa
in which city u r coming or u r already in canada
hope my wife gets ppr soon