+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Jobs in Canada after MBA from IIM in India

May 7, 2018
Dear All,

What is the scenario of Jobs in Canada after MBA from IIM in India.

Is it a wise decision to move at all given the struggle in canada and understand one might not even get a deserving position.

Honest responses would be helpful and guide me in right direction

Thanks,
Sai

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Check job sites such as Indeed.ca for a picture of jobs available in your area of expertise and qualifications.

Unfortunately as per previous reply there are no certainties or predictions anyone can make, immigration is just one big gamble no matter who you are or what experience/ qualifications anyone has. Immigration for Canada can be said by some to be more about sustaining population growth as opposed to specific expertise in any particular field, although qualifications obviously help in an immigrant securing a long term future.

musicholic

Apr 19, 2018
Dear All,

Is it a wise decision to move at all given the struggle in canada and understand one might not even get a deserving position.

Thanks,
Sai
I am not sure as to what exactly you mean. An IIM passout does not necessarily qualify you to get a good job in Canada (except the top 5 IIMs, all the rest of them are trashy anyway). The actual call to go to Canada relies heavily on your total experience currently and the salary you earn. Do the math assuming that you would earn the lowest possible salary level for your skillset and analyse from that sense.

info4sourav

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
Dear All,

Thanks,
Sai
Hi Sai,

The decision to move to Canada completely depends on your own perspective and you should seriously re-consider your decision, if you are only looking for a life where everything related to your professional aspirations would remain exactly the same as in India. IIMs may carry value in one's resume in India, but that might not be the same in a foreign country.

To the extent I have seen, people move to Canada mainly with the hope for leading an overall better quality of life (life which is not confined to one's home and office) and a good prospect for the future generation. If are doubtful about these aspects, then please rethink and re-evaluate your plan. On professional front, you may have a wonderful future in India too.

Regards,
Sourav