+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Jobs bank not letting me confirm registration

Junko_spud

Oct 12, 2015
I created my EE profile and followed the link in the message on CIC to create a profile on jobs bank.

I put in name, email, password etc and a link came through to my email with activation code.

When I tried to click on link it keeps coming up with page not available/server not responding etc.

I have tried using safari, firefox, google crome - nothing

and yet the rest of jobs bank is working fine. I have emailed them to sort this out but i think this is terrible

The weekend is the only time I can do this stuff and yet this is when they decide that their website isnt working properly :mad:

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I suggest you give it an hour or so and try again. If not try Sunday. Remember earlier this week the had maintenance on myCIC and this maybe the day they're doing maintenance on Jobbank.

Let me know how it goes. Will try to help best I can.

Junko_spud

Oct 12, 2015
Thanks

Just very frustrated. I had issues for the first section of the EE profile before as well

Wish they could do their 'site maintenance' in the early hours like my banks do! :'(

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, have you had any luck in trying to confirm 'Job Bank' registration?

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Try tomorrow then. I assume the maintenance must be taking a long time due to software updates. Its really strange that they are working to update on a weekend. Will see if I can find anything that may be helpful.

Will be on the forum tomorrow. Goodnight.

Junko_spud

Oct 12, 2015
Thank you for your help. Ive just back in and it is 12:30am here (Vancouver time)

Fingers crossed in the morning it will be ok

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, these are the steps I followed. Try this and let me know:

1) Go to the following website: https://seeker.jobbank.gc.ca/seeker/login.xhtml
2) The registration process has 4 steps: Account, Confirmation, Validation, Security Questions
Account: Enter your name, email id, desired password etc. and proceed to next level.
Confirmation: Check the email that you entered in previous step for a confirmation code. Enter this code and click on continue to proceed to next level: Validation.
Validation: you will be required to enter the 'Job Seeker Validation Code' here. Select that you are a Federal skilled program candidate and enter the code. Click on continue to proceed to next level.
Security Questions: Choose and security questions and answers and complete the registration process.
3) You should receive a 'successful registration of account' email.
4) Check that MyCIC as updated your jobbank status and your profile should be in 'Open' state now.

Hope that works.

Junko_spud

Oct 12, 2015
Thanks so this is what happens

I clicked the link and clicked on 'create new account'

I agreed to the T&Cs

I then input my email, password, name etc and clicked continue

This then came up 'Safari can’t open the page....because the server unexpectedly dropped the connection. This sometimes occurs when the server is busy. Wait for a few minutes, and then try again.'

However, the validation code email came through to my email with the code so I clicked on the link and a new page comes up with this:

'Safari can’t open the page “http://seeker.jobbank.gc.ca:443/seeker/reg/indregister2” because the server unexpectedly dropped the connection. This sometimes occurs when the server is busy. Wait for a few minutes, and then try again.'

This is what it has been doing for at least nearly 24 hours now

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, that may be your problem right there. I did this using Google Chrome. Is there any chance you can use Google Chrome or IE?

Junko_spud

Oct 12, 2015
Only on my phone. I use MAC so dont have IE but I did try with mozilla and that didnt work either.

Actually Ive tried to activate the link on my phone and it doesnt work either (that is google chrome)

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is there a local library you can go to? Maybe Mozilla and Safari are not compatible with the Job Bank Server.

Junko_spud

Oct 12, 2015
SUCCESS!!!!!

Ive done it!!!!!

Had to do it on my phone though (google chrome) - problem is my laptop is very old and all the updates for safari/firefox are probably outdated. Would get a new laptop but if i get through on FSW i need to show proof of funds and i dont have any available for a new laptop...anyhoo...ive just got the letter confirming i am in the pool with 468 points...fingers crossed it goes back down to 450/460 and i get ITA :)

Thanks for your help again, I appreciate it. I am now going to go and relax and enjoy the rest of my day immigration free lol :)