+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

jobs after becoming PR thru CEC

kis7ooskarr

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Hi, just wondering if anyone has the same situation with me.

I applied for CEC and became PR. After that, I quit my CEC job because the manager was a tough person. Now there is a new job coming to me. However, the starting level and hourly rate of the new job are lower than my CEC job, but there are better opportunities in the company for promotion.

Do you guys think i should take the new offer? if the new job is lower level and rate in the beginning compared to my CEC job, will that affect my PR status? Would CIC get suspicious of my CEC case when i renew pr or apply for citizenship in the future?

I need your advices. thank you!

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In principle CIC doesn't care about your employment income once you are a PR. In practice full time employment has been considered the best form of evidence for declared physical presence be it for PR Card renewal, sponsorship and citizenship applications. Whether this full time job is minimum wage at a major grocery store or a 6 figure annual income as a welder in the oil patch is irrelevant. Take the job offer. Congrats and good luck.

kis7ooskarr

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Msafiri said:
In principle CIC doesn't care about your employment income once you are a PR. In practice full time employment has been considered the best form of evidence for declared physical presence be it for PR Card renewal, sponsorship and citizenship applications. Whether this full time job is minimum wage at a major grocery store or a 6 figure annual income as a welder in the oil patch is irrelevant. Take the job offer. Congrats and good luck.
Thank you Msafiri for your input! I understand that in principle it should be that way you said. When we renew PR or apply for citizenship, does CIC take only physical presence into consideration? and the jobs we do during that period won't have an impact?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jobs, as long as they are legal, have no bearing on renewing your PR after landing.