+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Jobless came to India from Calgary

sunandan kumar

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009
Dear,

Aspiring People under FSW program making hue and cry for tough migration process not being completed and me too among them.

I was discussing this topic with my friends here regarding my application sent to Nova Scotia. He told me that his brother in law who was in Calgary for the last 2 years has lost his job in Calgary in March 09. He told me that 900 employees were retrenched in one oil company and he was among the list who lost the job.

He was in search of other job as IT engineer to other employers and got job C$ 2700 monthly he worked there for 2 months and there too, he lost his job. He again was in search of job for one month applied to many employers out of which he was short listed 1 time and waited for 15 days receiving negative response from the employer i.e. "this time you are not selected." Finally, landed in India in 2nd week of July 09.

Now planning to start his own business.

Conclusion: Present situation is non conducive for employment in Canada & who knows in future.

Thanks,

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The fact that one guy couldn't get a job doesn't tell you anything. Do you know this guy? Maybe he was somehow disadvantaged making him able to keep a job only when there was a shortage of staff. Having been able to get a job and then be let go after 2 months doesn't sound good for him. A company will not be hiring people when they are doing so badly they have to let them go again so soon. The first 3 months is generally a probation period in Canada. You can be fired same day for no reason. Having this 2 months on his CV will also not help his chances for the next job.

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2011(pspt submitted 09-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2011 (passport received 17-05-2011)
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
Hi,

Thanks for sharing. Is your friend's profession belongs to the 38 list? I wanted to hear experiences of those peope whose profession belongs to the 38 list, landed in Canada, and after sometime went back to his/her homecountry because he/she cant find a job or had been retrenched from work in Canada.

I still do hope that 38 list professionals chances of getting job in Canada is still good despite the prevailing economic downturn.

Is there anyone whose profession belongs to the 38, landed in Canada and went home to his/her home country because he/she cant find job or had been retrenched from work in Canada? Please share experience here... Thank you.

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Not only that (38 list), it also depends how fast you can adopt the corporate culture in Canada, if you are dragging yourself, you are out.

Hot-Lier

May 27, 2009
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2011
Doc's Request.
17-4-2012
AOR Received.
17-4-2012
File Transfer...
14-08-2011
Med's Request
07-06-2012
Med's Done....
12-06-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
8-09-2012
I am done with my medicals and now looking forward for my passport request. Still very much motivated to canadian immigration and my settlement with my family................But at the same time this is the truth that canadian job market is not good at present. I contacted many friends and relatives in Canada and all told me that current situation for job is not good but might be in next months it would turn better.

Best of luck to all...But this is not the canadian issue but international issue.

sunandan kumar

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009
Dear All

I myself surprised to hear this happening. Actually I am working in the Company and was then surfacing on net this site. He visited my Office then this site was opened. He questioned me " are you planning to migrate to Canada" ? My reply was yes. I told him that myself too have applied and then he narrated this happening of his brother in law. I stunned for some time and in the meantime he left my office. That is what I shared. But I have applied under NOC code 0111.

All of you are requested to share with us in case these are facts.

Thanks,

minus360

Star Member
Mar 19, 2009
London, England, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2009
Doc's Request.
July 2009
File Transfer...
April 2009
Med's Request
Sep. 2009
Med's Done....
Oct. 2009
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
March 2010
VISA ISSUED...
April 2010
LANDED..........
June 2010
sunandan kumar said:
Conclusion: Present situation is non conducive for employment in Canada & who knows in future.

Thanks,

Job Hunting depends on the individual's luck and patience. it is hard to find a stable Job world-wide at this moment.

I wish him good luck in his home country.

sanjeevindia

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
finding a job at a new place is never easy. i m not expecting that i will get a job related to my profession when i land there. i might have to work at a gas station, store, resturant etc. the only thing which matter is that we get there get a job in any field at initial stage to take care of our family. once we are settled down we can try and get a job related to our profession. sunanadan mentioned that person who lost his job is an IT manager and we all know that IT is the sector where most people have lost their jobs. so i don't see any reason to worry about that. but that's my feeling. everyone else has right to differ with me.

ali786leo

Star Member
Jun 23, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone that job market is very bad among the world I was reading the BBC news and its was mentioned that in UK the recession will recover to its original position in 1st quater of 2014 as it was on 1st quater of 2008. so you can imagine of UK market now

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
sanjeevindia said:
finding a job at a new place is never easy. i m not expecting that i will get a job related to my profession when i land there. i might have to work at a gas station, store, resturant etc. the only thing which matter is that we get there get a job in any field at initial stage to take care of our family. once we are settled down we can try and get a job related to our profession. sunanadan mentioned that person who lost his job is an IT manager and we all know that IT is the sector where most people have lost their jobs. so i don't see any reason to worry about that. but that's my feeling. everyone else has right to differ with me.
Exactly, this is the positive approach and this is what I am saying all along.

thayyib

Star Member
Jan 23, 2009
One of my friend lost a job in India about 5 months ago and still struggling to find a one. It is not only in Canada, it is every where. I believe the main intention to migrate is for the quality of living, if you are looking to make money or a fatty job than you can get it in our own country.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
remember, making money or financial security is one part of quality of life. If you have a better standard of living than what Canada can provide you now then it might be better to stay in your country but those moving now will have a good start when the economy starts coming up again and they will get the jobs. It depends on how risk averse you are or not.