+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

job_seeker and PMM, please help I need your advice

jenxing

Jul 29, 2011
Here is my situation. My work permit has expired on Febraury 27th, 2011 so I applied for extension. But I got the rejection letter from CIC on July 4th, 2011. The reason for rejection was a lack of LMO. So I got a 90-day periods for restoration from June 28th. The problem is that my son visited home country on July 3rd. What should I do in this case? Can he come back to Canada? I'm going to apply for LMO sometime next week. Can I apply for new Work permit, not extension, to get a new job? I mean can I apply for work permit for new job offer?

In my son's case, what should we do to get his status restored? Can he just come back to Canada? Does he need to apply any kind of other visa to come to Canada legally?

Please as my time is running out, I need advices more than anything.. I really appreciate with future advice.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jenxing said:
Here is my situation. My work permit has expired on Febraury 27th, 2011 so I applied for extension. But I got the rejection letter from CIC on July 4th, 2011. The reason for rejection was a lack of LMO. So I got a 90-day periods for restoration from June 28th. The problem is that my son visited home country on July 3rd. What should I do in this case? Can he come back to Canada? I'm going to apply for LMO sometime next week. Can I apply for new Work permit, not extension, to get a new job? I mean can I apply for work permit for new job offer?

In my son's case, what should we do to get his status restored? Can he just come back to Canada? Does he need to apply any kind of other visa to come to Canada legally?

Please as my time is running out, I need advices more than anything.. I really appreciate with future advice.
1. If your son requires a TRV to enter Canada, as you have no status, it is unlikely that one will be issued. He would have to apply in his home country.
2. It is the employer that applies for the LMO.
3. If you get a new LMO for a new employer, you have to obtain a new work permit before you start work. You would have to apply for restoration with the new LMO as well. It would have to be before the 90 day period runs out.