1st Medical 10th Dec 2012. 2nd Medical 28th August 2014
Passport Req..
21th January 2015
VISA ISSUED...
28th February 2015
LANDED..........
31th July 2015
hello.
in my immigration forms I have mentioned that I have been working in my uncle's company ( my father's brother ) I have attached job reference letter with it, his company is registered company everything is legit..but I don't really work there so to complete the gaps in timeline I had to show them I was working there, so my question is will chc verifies it or not? if they do call them they will verify it that im work there..so will chc do this verification or they stick to relationship verification?
thanks

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Don't lie on your application. Put the dates where you were working, and the dates where you were not working, just explain that you were not. There is no obligation to be fully employed all the time, so it doesn't matter that you are not employed at some point, but lying on your application is a serious thing, and if CIC finds out, they can decide to refuse your PR, and that's it. Not worth it!

If you don't work there, why do you put it on the application in the first place? CIC does "security background checks" and it can include different elements, so don't put that you work somewhere if it's not true.
Sweden

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
N.Ali said:
hello.
in my immigration forms I have mentioned that I have been working in my uncle's company ( my father's brother ) I have attached job reference letter with it, his company is registered company everything is legit..but I don't really work there so to complete the gaps in timeline I had to show them I was working there, so my question is will chc verifies it or not? if they do call them they will verify it that im work there..so will chc do this verification or they stick to relationship verification?
thanks
This is a bad, bad idea.

It's better to admit to being unemployed - because it happens to everyone from time to time, no shame in that - than lie. Lying can get you banned from Canada.

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
waived (DM April 19, 2013)
Passport Req..
May 2, 2013 (non visa-exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
N.Ali said:
hello.
thanks
Why would you jeopardize your entire application like that? CIC is going to do background checks and it may not just be calling your uncle's company. I hope you haven't applied this logic to the rest of your application package.

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012 - Kingston In Process
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
Oh boy. :-\

spaceraceone

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
Sweden said:
If you don't work there, why do you put it on the application in the first place? CIC does "security background checks" and it can include different elements, so don't put that you work somewhere if it's not true.
Sweden
I am not sure if this is hapenning in other countries but in mine, we have a lot of employers accepting workers but not giving them the job officially... you know... to avoid taxes I suppose... maybe not I am not sure

My husband has worked like that for the last year... do we put that on a application and just say "worked unofficially" because it won't be showing anywhere that he actually got job done and paid there.

I am sure we can ask for a letter from that employer, but again it won't show for the official "behind the back" (as I'd like to call it) check.

I do not want it to appear that we provided untruthful information, you know.

Also, he had worked for some time as a freelancer - is that also just to be put plainly on the application???

Thanks everyone

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
waived (DM April 19, 2013)
Passport Req..
May 2, 2013 (non visa-exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
spaceraceone said:
I am not sure if this is hapenning in other countries but in mine, we have a lot of employers accepting workers but not giving them the job officially... you know... to avoid taxes I suppose... maybe not I am not sure

My husband has worked like that for the last year... do we put that on a application and just say "worked unofficially" because it won't be showing anywhere that he actually got job done and paid there.

I am sure we can ask for a letter from that employer, but again it won't show for the official "behind the back" (as I'd like to call it) check.

I do not want it to appear that we provided untruthful information, you know.

Also, he had worked for some time as a freelancer - is that also just to be put plainly on the application???

Thanks everyone
You need to check the tax laws for the countries in which your husband has worked. In some countries (I can't say all because I don't know), it's illegal to work under the table or off the books to avoid paying taxes. What is your husband's industry?

spaceraceone

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
blueboom said:
You need to check the tax laws for the countries in which your husband has worked. In some countries (I can't say all because I don't know), it's illegal to work under the table or off the books to avoid paying taxes. What is your husband's industry?
He is loader. But that one unofficial job was unskilled labourer.