+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job title should be same as NOC skill code?

AK84

Aug 11, 2011
Hi,

Is it necessary your job title must be same as mention in NOC skill level codes?

Reply me,

Thanks,

AK

YoungJC

Star Member
Feb 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-05-2013
Med's Request
07-02-2014
Med's Done....
12-02-2014
Passport Req..
03/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
03/26/2014
LANDED..........
03/31/2014
AK84 said:
Hi,

Is it necessary your job title must be same as mention in NOC skill level codes?

Reply me,

Thanks,

AK
Hi AK,

The job title does not have to match the NOC job title word for word, but it does have to be similar, as different companies use different titles. If the NOC title says systems analyst, your job letter cannot say Event coordinator, instead maybe Computer Analyst, if you can catch my drift.
Also, make sure your duties line up with what ever NOC code you are using. Job duties lining up is the most important factor.
Hope this helped. Good luck.

canada2783

Oct 11, 2012
Hi, My current job title is software engineer, this title is classified under noc 2173. However my job duties are alligned with noc 2174. I s it possible for me to claim points for 2174 having my role listed in a different category. Please reply.

braveman

Mar 17, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent on 15 Sep 2012; Received at CIO Sydney, NS on 20 Sep 2012
AOR Received.
02 Nov 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
06 July 2013
Med's Done....
24 July 2013; Med's Received : 07 Sep 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Biodata & RPRF Req : 16 Sep 2013
VISA ISSUED...
08 Oct 2013
LANDED..........
19 Oct 2013 at Fort Erie (Peace bridge)
Roles and responsibilities listed out in your reference letter is a key factor. Make sure that the responsibilities mentioned in reference letter matches (atleast 70%) with the Main duties listed under the corresponding NOC code in HSRDC website (http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/Welcome.aspx).

Due to the mismatch few of my colleague's application got rejected.

Initially my employer told that they cannot include Roles and Responsibilities section according to the company policy. I clarified them that without this section it's of no use to me. They realized my problem as I told them it's the main reason of rejection in the current scenario.

aspirantEE

Mar 31, 2018
Roles and responsibilities listed out in your reference letter is a key factor. Make sure that the responsibilities mentioned in reference letter matches (atleast 70%) with the Main duties listed under the corresponding NOC code in HSRDC website (http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/Welcome.aspx).

Due to the mismatch few of my colleague's application got rejected.

Initially my employer told that they cannot include Roles and Responsibilities section according to the company policy. I clarified them that without this section it's of no use to me. They realized my problem as I told them it's the main reason of rejection in the current scenario.
Hello - My NOC Code matches 2282, based on my role and responsibilities - it is a match.

However, none of the Job Titles in my Offer-Letters have any of the example job titles for # 2282.

The job-titles which I have are (Assc. s/w engineer, s/w engnr, senior s/w engnr, Technical Lead).

The titles in the Example List are:-
  • analyst, systems technical support
  • call centre agent - technical support
  • client support representative - systems
  • computer help desk representative - systems
  • computer help desk supervisor
  • hardware installation technician
  • hardware technical support analyst
  • help desk agent, technical
  • help desk analyst - systems
  • help desk supervisor, computer
  • help desk technical agent
  • help desk technician
  • installation technician, hardware
  • installation technician, software
  • PC (personal computer) support analyst
  • software installation technician
  • software technical support analyst
  • supervisor, technical support
  • systems support representative
  • systems technical support analyst
  • technical help desk agent
  • technical support analyst - systems
  • technical support supervisor
  • user support technician

Since my Job Title is a big mismatch to my Role & Duties, I need your help in identifying:-
1. should I go ahead and enter the Job Title as is there in my Offer Letter? Or I have to pick one from the example list?
2. I read LOE is mentioned above. What is the format of this letter? We have to present this letter at the time of ITA? In my case, is it needed?

Natasha2017

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
n/a
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-03-2018
1. I agree with the comment above - job description should create the impression that it perfectly matches NOC job description. Find which job matches your best and use it.
2. There's no strict format for the LOE. Just describe what you think might cause any concerns. For example, your issue with NOC job code - u can state that in your LOE. In case you have any issues, just google for it; there many samples on this forum as well.

aspirantEE

Mar 31, 2018
1. I agree with the comment above - job description should create the impression that it perfectly matches NOC job description. Find which job matches your best and use it.
2. There's no strict format for the LOE. Just describe what you think might cause any concerns. For example, your issue with NOC job code - u can state that in your LOE. In case you have any issues, just google for it; there many samples on this forum as well.
)
Thanks Natasha2017. We have to send the LOE at the time of submitting the documents (which happen after we receive the ITA?

Deepshika29

Apr 3, 2018
Hey AK,

As YoungJC said the job title does not have to match the NOC job title word for word, but it does have to be similar, as different companies use different titles.

Natasha2017

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
n/a
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-03-2018
)
Thanks Natasha2017. We have to send the LOE at the time of submitting the documents (which happen after we receive the ITA?
Yes. You will have a non-mandatory field for additional documents upload along with mandatory documents (education, Police certificates, Medical exam etc.). Yes, that happens after you receive ITA.

Reactions: aspirantEE

limin_w

Jul 17, 2017
Hello - My NOC Code matches 2282, based on my role and responsibilities - it is a match.

However, none of the Job Titles in my Offer-Letters have any of the example job titles for # 2282.

The job-titles which I have are (Assc. s/w engineer, s/w engnr, senior s/w engnr, Technical Lead).

The titles in the Example List are:-
  • analyst, systems technical support
  • call centre agent - technical support
  • client support representative - systems
  • computer help desk representative - systems
  • computer help desk supervisor
  • hardware installation technician
  • hardware technical support analyst
  • help desk agent, technical
  • help desk analyst - systems
  • help desk supervisor, computer
  • help desk technical agent
  • help desk technician
  • installation technician, hardware
  • installation technician, software
  • PC (personal computer) support analyst
  • software installation technician
  • software technical support analyst
  • supervisor, technical support
  • systems support representative
  • systems technical support analyst
  • technical help desk agent
  • technical support analyst - systems
  • technical support supervisor
  • user support technician

Since my Job Title is a big mismatch to my Role & Duties, I need your help in identifying:-
1. should I go ahead and enter the Job Title as is there in my Offer Letter? Or I have to pick one from the example list?
2. I read LOE is mentioned above. What is the format of this letter? We have to present this letter at the time of ITA? In my case, is it needed?
I actually think your title does not need to match perfectly with the NOC example titles. IRCC's operational manual (quotes below) mentioned the importance of lead statement and main duties, but not the title itself. The Lead statement is the first paragraph in the NOC description. I believe as long as your job description matches 100% of the lead statement and the majority of main duties, you should be good to go. If you use the NOC title on your forms, but the supporting doc has another title, this could potentially confuse officers.

My NOC name is Executive Assistant, and my job title is Consulting Services Coordinator. I believe this is a bigger difference than yours? If my application is rejected because of the name mismatch, I will be sure to post back here LOL

-------------Quote begins-------------
In addition, during that period of employment, the applicant must have:

• performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation(s) as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R87.1(2)(b)]; and
  • performed a substantial number of the main duties, including all the essential duties, of the occupation(s) as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R87.1(2)(c)].
-------------Quote ends-------------

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/experience/qualifying-work-experience.html