CoolEJ

Star Member
Jul 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The application I sent to NS has the job title listed as "Information Systems Manager". NS has replied and is asking for documents, including certificate of employment.

The company where I am in right now listed a generic position for me. My fault for not checking on that before sending my application.
Thus I asked our HR to give me that title above. Instead, they gave me another one (with same responsibilities).
My problem now is that the job title given to me does not exactly match the one I placed in the application sent to NS.

Please help. What are my options in this situation?

Thanks in advance to all.

syedrahman1980

Mar 28, 2009
CoolEJ said:
The application I sent to NS has the job title listed as "Information Systems Manager". NS has replied and is asking for documents, including certificate of employment.

The company where I am in right now listed a generic position for me. My fault for not checking on that before sending my application.
Thus I asked our HR to give me that title above. Instead, they gave me another one (with same responsibilities).
My problem now is that the job title given to me does not exactly match the one I placed in the application sent to NS.

Please help. What are my options in this situation?

Thanks in advance to all.

Job title is not important at all. Your job description must corresponds with the 38 NOC. However, your job description must be refelcted in the job title.

Good luck.

SYED

CoolEJ

Star Member
Jul 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the info SYED.

Do I need to send a letter to embassy to explain about the difference between the Job Title on the application form and the the Job Title I have in the certificate of employment?

NS already replied to my application and further said that all correspondence shall now be done with local embassy.

I am troubled sending a certificate of employment that is different from the application form.

CoolEJ

Star Member
Jul 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just somewhere to place the replies.. The inbox gets full at 2 messages.

Hi,
Well, that is what most people think. I, however think it all depends on the IO responsible for your case. Job duties are very Important though.
is Information Systems Database Administrator on the Ministerial list? If yes, that should be fine.

If your job description matches Information Systems Manager, then, If i were in your shoes I would not change it but rather write a cover letter to explain the situation, that though this is your title however your job description fits the NOC. 0213.

My fear is that the IO might take that as a misrepresentation.

Send a PM to Leon, Rupesh and PMM as well and see what they say also and then decide accordingly.

CoolEJ

Star Member
Jul 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i agree with what bobbyb had to say. If i were in your shoes, i would write a letter because you are being upfront. Tell them that you title calls you ' ...administrator' and (not but) your duties are that of 0213.

Let them know, for the job title, you are not sure whether you should fill info systems manager or administrator.

The other thing that you can change the title on your form and let them know that despite being called an administrator, your duties are that of 0213.

The first approach admits a mistake, the second approach talks about the difference without admitting a mistake. i would go with the second approach but i dont know if it is the right thing to do.