+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job Stuff

matt7172

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Im applying under the Canadian experience class and for the job offer what do you put as the start date? Since its meant to be for at least 12 months from the time you get residency and it can take months to get your application approved. For the commencement section can my boss literally just put "that it will be from the date permanent residency is approved".

Also since im already in Canada working for them under a closed work permit do I just get a new job offer form.

I know the reference letter talks about your job responsibillities and duties etc but is the letter of employment simply to say that ive been working there full time since the date i started and what my job title is? No details needed

jafarm

Nov 30, 2022
Im applying under the Canadian experience class and for the job offer what do you put as the start date? Since its meant to be for at least 12 months from the time you get residency and it can take months to get your application approved. For the commencement section can my boss literally just put "that it will be from the date permanent residency is approved".

Also since im already in Canada working for them under a closed work permit do I just get a new job offer form.

I know the reference letter talks about your job responsibillities and duties etc but is the letter of employment simply to say that ive been working there full time since the date i started and what my job title is? No details needed
Any updates on this?

I'm also wondering what the commencement date should be and is it ok if we just mentioned "it will be from the date permanent residency is approved.".

After this job offer letter, do they require other proof of employment? If so, what could those be?