+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job Situation for Electronics / Electrical Engineers from Pakistan

murtazaa75

Sep 20, 2015
Dear friends !

The market for Jobs of Electronics / Electrical Engineers in Canada (or anywhere for that matter) is not as great as one expects.

There are more than a few problems, some of them are .....

--- More graduates than jobs
--- Demand of 5 or more years of Canadian experience
--- Canadian licensed for professional Engineers
--- Demand of experience of a few years in more than one fields (up to 5 or more sometimes)
--- Low salaries in local companies

The engineers working in Canada who are from Pakistan, Please share your experience of job finding in Canada and provide the advise for new comers .... Thanks

Jiogill

Star Member
Mar 27, 2016
My Degree: Electrical & Electronics Engineering and want to apply for Manitoba overseas skilled program,

I studied the duties of NOC 2133 as given on CIC weside.

1) My duties(3.0 years exp) of Electrical Equipment/System Installation are clearly falling under NOC 2133. I don't have any doubt. I know these falls under 2133.

2) My duties(Current 1.5 years exp) in telecommunication industry as RF engineer(Duties: Operation & Maintenance of Wireless telecommunication or Radio Equipment/system like BTS, ENOD B, RRH ect)), I don't know whether these will fall under NOC 2133 or 2147? ......

Can i apply under 2133? because telecom equipment are also electronic communication equipment. because i need to get 75 poits for 4 or more years of experience.

If i apply under 2133, and lat case officer found that my current NOC is 2147, will he reject the application or advise me to put on corrent occupation?

please advise