+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

job responsiblities guidance needed - spec from NOC 0213 people

indmirage

Jul 20, 2009
Hi, we're finally putting together the application with my husband as principal applicant and are stuck at the job responsiblitiy section....he's an asst manager with a Software MNC in US and is performing most of the duties listed under the NOC 0213 - information and computer systems manager.

i know that we can use extra sheet to list his duties as he really needs to explain why he's fit for this code...prob is the responsiblities he has written are too much.....for this particular code, they are running in two pages....for his current designation responsiblities, he has categorized them as:

Client management duties ---blahblah blah
Project managemet duties --- blah blah blah
organisational duties ---- blah blah blah

and his responsiblities were EXACTLY same for his previous designation also (he was with the same company and client)....so we're using the same NOC...can we write the same responsiblities we wrote for his curent occupation? also, if we do so the responsiblities info would take 4 pages.

do u think its a good idea or he should just compress the duties and fit those in 1 page....pls help.

people who have applied under NOC 0213 and got approval from CIO, pls let me know if we should follow some other format.

P

pv

Welcome to the Forum -

Well you should try to explain roles and duties in one additinal sheet or may be max 2, don't include 4 pages.
I am sure you should be able to provide required information in 1 or 2 page. Make sure your declaration abt job duties are same as mentioned in '0213' and also later when you send your full package to CIC/CHC your reference letters from employer should also talk about the same. CIO will only look at your declaration and based on that will give you approval or rejection, it is only CHC who will verify with supporting docs ( exp letter or ref letter)

Good Luck

AppforCan

Jul 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Buffalo AOR 30JUL2009
File Transfer...
27April2010 to NY
The job responsibilities should not run into 4 pages. Remember the more you write the more the chance of doubts, and also you should not write so less that the CIO officer is not sure if you fit in 0213. I would say optimum would be around 2/3 to 1 page for 1 role - based on my experience with CIO. Thanks

sterion75

Star Member
Jul 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0213 & 4131
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2009
Doc's Request.
25-09-2009
AOR Received.
29-01-2010
Med's Request
May 2010
Med's Done....
May 2010
Passport Req..
July 2010
VISA ISSUED...
3 August 2010
Hello,
Sorry to Hijack this thread but do you need to meet ALL of the responsibilities under 0213 or are some ok?

I am also an Assistant so am not totally responsible for the budget my boss does that however I do most of the other tasks listed?

Robbie

P

pv

Hard to tell, what exactly the IO/VO will look into

from the forum and experience shared by others, it looks if you are able to match 70-80% of your duties with what mentioned in '0213' you should be good to go.

Still it is hard to predict if they match line by line or they look as a whole and then determine

Good Luck

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
well, if you look at this link http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/English/NOC/2006/Profile.aspx?val=0&val1=0213, just before the main duties, it says "Computer and information systems managers perform some or all of the following duties". which means this may not be necessary for 0213 applicant to perform all of these duties. but this is my personal interpretation anyway. my understanding is that you should at least be performing a substantial amount of these duties, if not all.

mrshah30

Star Member
May 25, 2010
Dear forum members, i am going to apply under 0213 pls help me out regarding exp. matters as i have two exp. letters from one company as under number 1 & 3.

I have question related to 0213, my education & exp. as follows:

bachelor of arts: 2001

Diploma and training in hardware and computer networks: 2002

1. (work exp)Computer department assistant: 2003 - 2005 (2 yrs)

Masters in E-business / commerce management 2009

2. (work exp)IT Technician: 2008 - 2009 (1 yr)

3. (work exp)MIS OFFICER : 2009 - 2010 (1 yr)

Kinldy let me know that whether can i claim points for my 1st work experience i.e. computer department assisstant, i am applying under 0213 catagory..

I would highly appreciate your suggestions.

regards
mrshah

mrshah30

Star Member
May 25, 2010
Dear Seniors,

I put my questions to other forum but not getting response from the members quickly...as you already assissted with strong suggestions there r more things i need ur help..pls..do assisst..

During my masters degree abroad i was working full time as IT technician for 1 yr. during my masters will it matter for CHC or i should put partime on the letter..

also, in the same company i worked as:

IT technician: (2281) 2003- 2005 2.5 yrs
MIS assisstant: (0213) mar.06-oct. 06 8 months
MIS manager: (0213) 2009- 2010 13 months

How CHC will count or 8 months experience.
I had one year computer and networking diploman and training when i joinded the company
then promoted to MIS for 8 months and then after completing my masters from abroad i was appointed as MIS manager
pls provide your assisstance
regards

mrshah30

Star Member
May 25, 2010
Dear Seniors,

I put my questions to other forum but not getting response from the members quickly...as you already assissted with strong suggestions there r more things i need ur help..pls..do assisst..

During my masters degree abroad i was working full time as IT technician for 1 yr. during my masters will it matter for CHC or i should put partime on the letter..

also, in the same company i worked as:

IT technician: (2281) 2003- 2005 2.5 yrs
MIS assisstant: (0213) mar.06-oct. 06 8 months
MIS manager: (0213) 2009- 2010 13 months

How CHC will count or 8 months experience.
I had one year computer and networking diploma and training when i joinded the company as IT technician
then promoted to MIS assisstant for 8 months and then after completing my masters from abroad i was appointed as MIS manager
pls provide your assisstance
regards

Leo75

May 24, 2010
Dear Seniors,

As I m working in Software Development Company as a Team Lead, I m performing some of the responsibilities mentioned under 0213.
Can u explain or elaborate all these responsibilities in form of Software Development. So that I will elaborate more and write these responsibilities on Reference letter from my current employer.

Can anybody send me detailed responsibilities of own not from copy www.cic.gc.ca, who has already applied under 0213 . .......(in terms of Software Industry).

I will be very thankful to you .....

thanks
Leo