+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job Requirement to apply OHIP

akalai

Apr 5, 2012
Hi Guys, I can't find this anywhere I wonder can you please help me out:
In the OHIP application requirement, there is a section:

"you are a foreign worker who holds a valid work permit or other document issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) permitting you to work in Canada, and you also have a formal agreement in place to work full-time for an employer situated in Ontario which sets out the employer's name, your occupation, and confirmation that you will be working for no less than six consecutive months;"

So will any type of job do as long as it is a full-time job? Or it actually has the salary requirement?
If I am a real-estate agent with valid company letter, can I apply for OHIP ?
Thank you very much, any help will be appreciated!

:)

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
akalai said:
Hi Guys, I can't find this anywhere I wonder can you please help me out:
In the OHIP application requirement, there is a section:

"you are a foreign worker who holds a valid work permit or other document issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) permitting you to work in Canada, and you also have a formal agreement in place to work full-time for an employer situated in Ontario which sets out the employer's name, your occupation, and confirmation that you will be working for no less than six consecutive months;"

So will any type of job do as long as it is a full-time job? Or it actually has the salary requirement?
If I am a real-estate agent with valid company letter, can I apply for OHIP ?
Thank you very much, any help will be appreciated!

:)
What's your status in Canada? Are you a TFW or a PR?

akalai

Apr 5, 2012
Thanks for reply. I am a PR in canada, but my wife is with post-graduate work permit right now.
Apparently she needs job offer to apply OHIP, I am just wondering do they have requirement of the job ?
Or any fulltime job is good to apply.

yokies

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
AOR Received.
28-08-2014 and 09-09-2014
Med's Done....
18-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
27-12-2014
I don't think there is an income requirement for OHIP, when you read the requirements it states full time for a minimum of 6 mths. So as long as its full time employment that is sufficient. When I applied for OHIP under work permit, they never asked me to provide my income just a letter stating its full time and the duration of employment.

mjtr55

Apr 11, 2016
Sorry to bump an old thread, but was looking for a point of clarification.

Does the working full-time for 6 months requirement take into account work history or only future employment? I.e., my wife has been working for almost 6 months, part time, but 30+ hours per week which is equivalent to full time from what I've read. We were under the impression that after six months, she'd be able to apply for OHIP and use the six months of work history at 30+ hours / week to meet that requirement.

Or does only a guarantee in writing from an employer for future employment count?

LNAdrien06

Mar 4, 2016
The letter from the work has to say that you are going to be employed next 6 month. I have been with this issue 4 times at Service Canada. But what if i am going to change my job in less than 6 months? Are they even confirming with the employer your status?