+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JOB Reference Letter From Current Employer

mkcan

Feb 19, 2017
msudershan2 said:
Yes true but do remember your Primary NOC should have at least 1 year of work ex
Yes, but only last job that lasted for a year..is completely related to primary NOC :/
will i still get full points for the other two years of 'slightly less relevant' work experience ?

goyal.maninder

Feb 13, 2017
msudershan2 said:
Yes true but do remember your Primary NOC should have at least 1 year of work ex
Thanks, I have my work ex under two NOCs. Can I change the Primary NOC in PR application after ITA? I have got one letter (3Yrs work ex) in exact required format, hence want to change to primary NOC to this. Please advise?

Thank you.

goyal.maninder

Feb 13, 2017
jes_ON said:
If it is listed on the profile, then yes, letters are expected.

However, spouses only gain points if the work experience is in Canada. If you have Canadian work experience, you should get the Letter(s) to keep the points.

If the work experience is outside of Canada, you can safely remove it from the profile (so that you won't be asked for Letter). If you get the ITA, then you must include it on your background history form, tho.
Can we remove this post ITA from spouse's work history form and add under personal history form?

Thanks

goyal.maninder

Feb 13, 2017
goyal.maninder said:
Thanks, I have my work ex under two NOCs. Can I change the Primary NOC in PR application after ITA? I have got one letter (3Yrs work ex) in exact required format, hence want to change to primary NOC to this. Please advise?

Thank you.
Hello, really appreciate any advice on this please?

dsingh72

Dec 29, 2016
Hello friends,
A similar question.
I am a full-time employee in Canada. Do I need only the letter of employment from my current job or I also need a reference letter from current job?

What kind of documents should I upload in the box for "Letter of Employment"? Is it the only letter of employment or more than that? Like employment proofs - T4 and pay stubs for the current job?

Thanks a lot.
:)

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Hello friends,
A similar question.
I am a full-time employee in Canada. Do I need only the letter of employment from my current job or I also need a reference letter from current job?

What kind of documents should I upload in the box for "Letter of Employment"? Is it the only letter of employment or more than that? Like employment proofs - T4 and pay stubs for the current job?

Thanks a lot.
:)
Replied to you elsewhere

maxpayne940

Oct 9, 2017
hi guys,

I've got the reference letter after a lot of struggle from my employer.
The only issue is that i told them its for management program and the letter states is for my intended masters program.

will that be an issue?

all advice andsugge

maxpayne940

Oct 9, 2017
guys,

I've got the reference letter after a lot of struggle from my employer.
The only issue is that i told them its for management program and the letter states is for my intended masters program.

will that be an issue?

all advice and suggestions are welcome.

Atif_0433

Nov 12, 2017
Does your employer has given out detailed roles and responsibilities on a letterhead. If yes, you are good to go.

If no, then getting this on a letterhead that giving out such letters is not a company policy or some kind of country guidelines prevent them from giving such letters

I am not sure how big names could influence the process. I myself worked for big name pharmaceutical companies and I am currently working for one of the largest healthcare firms. It's been 3.5 months since my application and I haven't got the rejection (Hands crossed!!). Just an FYI, I haven't received standard reference letter, however, I had the email conversation with the previous HR (of big pharma company) and she said EU Guidelines prevent them from giving out such letters. I attached that email conversation with my payslips, contract letter, resignation letter and awards I received via email. I currently work for another big pharma firm which has the similar policy (though no country guidelines), they have given this on letterhead that they can't issue detailed roles and responsibilities and again here I have attached my payslips, contract letter and email communication with HR.

Also, I know my friend who has got the PR and he worked for the known company Facebook in India, and he didn't get roles and responsibilities on the letterhead. He worked with them for 4 years and he got the PR with contract letter, paystubs and HR communication that Facebook India does not issue such letters. Now he is working for KPMG in Canada....I hope this helps.

People usually get letters from fellow colleagues, but in my opinion HR communication stating such letters are not issued on your email is more authentic then fellow colleagues notarized declarations! In case you attach everything like paystubs, contract letter, Income tax documents, I don't think they will say that they can't consider this as your work ex. This works out for known firms (I wouldn't recommend this if your is local firm or small company)
Your post is a confidence booster. I lost hope to apply for Express Entry because I haven't received any reference letter from any of my past employers. I worked for IBM Daksh(3 Yrs 10 months, ICICI Bank (10 months), Genpact (2 yr 3 months) and currently with TCS (since May 2014).
None of my employers have given any reference letter which will give a detailed information about Job roles/responsibilities.

I did asked all of them and each of them have refused to give me a reference letter. I have the email conversation with me. So I will attach the same with my application. Please let me know should I get the reference letter from my previous supervisor and get that letter notarized. So that my application will be more authentic.

Thanks in advance.

premchandar.au

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Can someone help me with a affidavit format for a reference letter to be signed off by a colleague. In case it has to be notarized, is it just get the notary lawyer to sign and authenticate on a piece of paper or is there are any specific requirement. Any thoughts

prazi

Mar 15, 2018
You could show first and third, there are plenty of people who haven't showed current employer and still managed to get PR
I didnt use my current job to claim points and didnt use in my employment history but in personal history. Now I am on my post ITA. Do I need to upload a reference letter for my current job?

Following is what I see when I click the help button;
You must provide proof of work experience for your current job and for each past position you listed.

Appreciate your help folks!

Gagan Ghotra

Apr 24, 2018
@sandyxe
Did u get PR? My case is same. Didn’t upload any job responsibilities letter while submitting my application. Only offer letter, experience letter and payslips of current company. All companies are reputed.
M worried about the fate of my application.

Any suggestions pls. Many Thanks

Jul 25, 2018
did u face any problem for not showing your present work-ex. if your first work ex is sufficient for claiming maximum points, is there a need to list out present one in application?

Chaitra Ramesh

Apr 24, 2018
Hello Sir,

I have got the ITA, i am in the stage of collecting documents.

In the reference letter the heading says " To whomsoever it may concern" whereas in the subject it is " Employment proof for part time certification course" because i did not want to tell my current organization about my immigration plans and i told them that i would need the letter to take up a certification course. Now my concern is will the subject line be a problem? i am sure many companies do not provide the reference letters unless you state the reason and i think CIC is aware of this. I read this in the CIC news (https://www.cicnews.com/1999/05/addressee-letter-reference-05468.html#gs.ct3szns ).

Please provide your suggestion on this....

Chaitra Ramesh

Apr 24, 2018
3 years of work experience assuming all those jobs are skilled (NOC 0/A/B)
Hello Sir,

I have got the ITA, i am in the stage of collecting documents.

In the reference letter the heading says " To whomsoever it may concern" whereas in the subject it is " Employment proof for part time certification course" because i did not want to tell my current organization about my immigration plans and i told them that i would need the letter to take up a certification course. Now my concern is will the subject line be a problem? i am sure many companies do not provide the reference letters unless you state the reason and i think CIC is aware of this. I read this in the CIC news (https://www.cicnews.com/1999/05/addressee-letter-reference-05468.html#gs.ct3szns ).

Please provide your suggestion on this....