+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JOB Reference Letter From Current Employer

hasanmf1988

Aug 25, 2018
Hello Members,

I'm here to seek guidance on my PR application under the FSW programme.

As per the initial evaluation, my CRS score seems to be well over the cut-off. However, before I file in my EoI, I want to get my reference letters in order so I can choose the correct NOC.

In my first job, I spent only 9 months, about 5 years in the second and have just completed 1 year in my third stint. If maximum points are awarded to more than 3 years' experience, is it okay if I only declare my second job and show supporting reference? Also, does this mean that I must not declare employment with the other two? As it has been a year since I switched, will it not show a gap and what implication is this likely to have or would it be considered a misrepresentation of facts?

The reason I'm not too keen to ask for reference from my current employer is because I'd rather not have them know of my future plans. Furthermore, it might jeopardize my chances of a likely promotion later this year.

I'd greatly appreciate any help you could extend. Thanks!

Warm regards,

Hasan

Shadow09

Jul 16, 2021
Attach everything, just say that you need roles and responsibilities letter as email to HR....not stating reason...and get that email communication...if you are skeptical that you could choose not to show this Work Ex
My company is asking for the reason, how to circumvent this situation and if I tell them I cannot share reason, they deny will that be acceptable

hazalsmith

Jun 30, 2023
How the job experience verification is done by the immigration department?

Do they reach out the current/previous employers for job exp. verification? I do not want my current employer to know that I'm applying for PR. I will let them know only when I receive the PR.

My job offer and appointment letter is quite detailed...should I still need a reference letter...the whole point is that I don't want my current employer to know that I'm applying for PR.

Most of people say offer letter, appointment letter (on company letter head) and payslips are sufficient...as many employer don't have a policy to provide a detailed employment reference letter.

I have read in one of the forums that if your employer is a well known company (like in my case) then anything on its official letterhead is sufficient enough and they might not even contact the employer for verification... I did the same when I apartments for rental in Keserwan

Will appreciate if someone could provide a detail guidance with respect to current employer reference letter.
The job experience verification process can vary depending on the specific immigration department and country you are applying to. However, I can provide you with some general information that may help.

1. Document submission: Typically, when applying for permanent residency (PR) or a work visa, you will be required to submit relevant documents such as job offer letters, appointment letters, and payslips as proof of your work experience. These documents serve as initial evidence of your employment.
  2. Official letterhead: Documents such as job offer letters and appointment letters on company letterheads are usually considered more credible and carry more weight as evidence of your job experience.
  3. Employment reference letter: While some immigration departments may require an employment reference letter, others may not. This letter is usually provided by your current or previous employer and includes details about your job responsibilities, duration of employment, and other relevant information. However, you mentioned that you do not want your current employer to know about your PR application. In such cases, you can explore other options to substantiate your job experience without a reference letter.
  4. Payslips and tax documents: In addition to offer and appointment letters, providing recent payslips and tax documents can further support your employment claims. These documents help demonstrate that you have been receiving regular income and paying taxes.
  5. Verification process: The immigration department may conduct background checks to verify the information you provide. This can involve cross-referencing the information you submit with government databases, checking your employment history, or contacting employers for verification. However, the extent of verification can vary depending on the immigration policies and the discretion of the immigration officer handling your application.
  6. Employer contact: While it is possible that the immigration department may contact your current or previous employer for verification, it is not always a standard practice. In some cases, they may rely on the documentation you provide, especially if it is from a reputable company or if you have other supporting evidence like payslips. However, it's important to note that each case is unique, and the immigration department has the right to exercise discretion regarding verification processes.
To ensure you have the most accurate and up-to-date information, I recommend consulting the specific guidelines and requirements provided by the immigration department of the country you are applying to. Additionally, you may want to consider seeking advice from an immigration lawyer or consultant who can provide personalized guidance based on your circumstances.