+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JOB Reference Letter From Current Employer

sandyxe

Nov 19, 2016
How the job experience verification is done by the immigration department?

Do they reach out the current/previous employers for job exp. verification? I do not want my current employer to know that I'm applying for PR. I will let them know only when I receive the PR.

My job offer and appointment letter is quite detailed...should I still need a reference letter...the whole point is that I don't want my current employer to know that I'm applying for PR.

Most of people say offer letter, appointment letter (on company letter head) and payslips are sufficient...as many employer don't have a policy to provide a detailed employment reference letter.

I have read in one of the forums that if your employer is a well known company (like in my case) then anything on its official letterhead is sufficient enough and they might not even contact the employer for verification...

Will appreciate if someone could provide a detail guidance with respect to current employer reference letter.

sandyxe

Nov 19, 2016
I have been in my current company for only a small time so not sure if my employer would be happy to know about my plan to immigrate.

msudershan2

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
Bangalore
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-11-2016
Doc's Request.
No Document Request Came
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
27-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
06-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
25-09-2017
Does your employer has given out detailed roles and responsibilities on a letterhead. If yes, you are good to go.

If no, then getting this on a letterhead that giving out such letters is not a company policy or some kind of country guidelines prevent them from giving such letters

I am not sure how big names could influence the process. I myself worked for big name pharmaceutical companies and I am currently working for one of the largest healthcare firms. It's been 3.5 months since my application and I haven't got the rejection (Hands crossed!!). Just an FYI, I haven't received standard reference letter, however, I had the email conversation with the previous HR (of big pharma company) and she said EU Guidelines prevent them from giving out such letters. I attached that email conversation with my payslips, contract letter, resignation letter and awards I received via email. I currently work for another big pharma firm which has the similar policy (though no country guidelines), they have given this on letterhead that they can't issue detailed roles and responsibilities and again here I have attached my payslips, contract letter and email communication with HR.

Also, I know my friend who has got the PR and he worked for the known company Facebook in India, and he didn't get roles and responsibilities on the letterhead. He worked with them for 4 years and he got the PR with contract letter, paystubs and HR communication that Facebook India does not issue such letters. Now he is working for KPMG in Canada....I hope this helps.

People usually get letters from fellow colleagues, but in my opinion HR communication stating such letters are not issued on your email is more authentic then fellow colleagues notarized declarations! In case you attach everything like paystubs, contract letter, Income tax documents, I don't think they will say that they can't consider this as your work ex. This works out for known firms (I wouldn't recommend this if your is local firm or small company)

mkcan

Feb 19, 2017
msudershan2 said:
Does your employer has given out detailed roles and responsibilities on a letterhead. If yes, you are good to go.

If no, then getting this on a letterhead that giving out such letters is not a company policy or some kind of country guidelines prevent them from giving such letters

I am not sure how big names could influence the process. I myself worked for big name pharmaceutical companies and I am currently working for one of the largest healthcare firms. It's been 3.5 months since my application and I haven't got the rejection (Hands crossed!!). Just an FYI, I haven't received standard reference letter, however, I had the email conversation with the previous HR (of big pharma company) and she said EU Guidelines prevent them from giving out such letters. I attached that email conversation with my payslips, contract letter, resignation letter and awards I received via email. I currently work for another big pharma firm which has the similar policy (though no country guidelines), they have given this on letterhead that they can't issue detailed roles and responsibilities and again here I have attached my payslips, contract letter and email communication with HR.

Also, I know my friend who has got the PR and he worked for the known company Facebook in India, and he didn't get roles and responsibilities on the letterhead. He worked with them for 4 years and he got the PR with contract letter, paystubs and HR communication that Facebook India does not issue such letters. Now he is working for KPMG in Canada....I hope this helps.

People usually get letters from fellow colleagues, but in my opinion HR communication stating such letters are not issued on your email is more authentic then fellow colleagues notarized declarations! In case you attach everything like paystubs, contract letter, Income tax documents, I don't think they will say that they can't consider this as your work ex. This works out for known firms (I wouldn't recommend this if your is local firm or small company)
Hey, can you please tell me how many years of work experience does one need to have inorder to have better chances in getting PR ? I've read that cic asks for atleast ONE YEAR of full time, paid, continuous work experience in the same occupation. So, does a person with FOUR years of desired / relevant work experience get same number of points as the person with ONE year of work ex ?

msudershan2

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
Bangalore
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-11-2016
Doc's Request.
No Document Request Came
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
27-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
06-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
25-09-2017
mkcan said:
Hey, can you please tell me how many years of work experience does one need to have in order to have better chances in getting PR? I've read that cic asks for at least ONE YEAR of full-time, paid, continuous work experience in the same occupation. So, does a person with FOUR years of desired / relevant work experience get the same number of points as the person with ONE year of work ex?
In CRS Score Calculation (FSW) - 3 years of work ex gets you maximum points
In CRS Score Calculation (CEC) - 5 years of work ex gets you maximum points

However when I compare it with 67/100 Points in Express Entry: 5 years get you the maximum points

mkcan

Feb 19, 2017
Okay. I m referring to FSW. So, if I have a total of 3.5 years of work relevant experience but out of that only ONE YEAR is continuous full time, paid, in the same occupation. Do I still qualify for maximum marks ? Please clarify. Thanks a lot :)

msudershan2

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
Bangalore
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-11-2016
Doc's Request.
No Document Request Came
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
27-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
06-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
25-09-2017
No even 1 year work ex will get you the points provided that you meet the CRS Cut Off Pointe

mkcan

Feb 19, 2017
You mean, YES I can qualify to get maximum marks if I have a total of 3.5 years out of which only ONE YEAR is of continuous, full time, paid work exp ??

sandyxe

Nov 19, 2016
The Job Offer letter from current employer specified the following information.
1. Job designation
2. Reporting Manager
3. Working hours
4. Annual Salary Structure(During Probation and Post Probation)

The Appointment Letter(given to me after joining) from current employer contains the following information in four pages.
1. Date of Commencement of job
2. Job designation
3. Reporting manager
4. Location of Work
5. Job description & Duties
Contains the following text and nothing more. It does not specifies the exact roles and responsibilities.
"The position of............., offered by the Employer to the Employee requires the Employee to perform his duties with utmost sincerity, honesty, and diligence"
6. Probation:
7. Termination of Employment(Notice Period)
8. Compensation amount
9. Hours of Work(morning to evening)
10. Annual Leave
11. General
12. Compensation structure in detail

Other than the above, i have salary slips for past few months and my official visiting card.

sandyxe

Nov 19, 2016
my total experience as of today is 11 years and 2 months
1. first company - 8 years
2. second company - 10 months
3. third company - 2 years and 2 months
4. fourth company - 2 months

fourth company being my current employer.

msudershan2

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
Bangalore
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-11-2016
Doc's Request.
No Document Request Came
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
27-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
06-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
25-09-2017
sandyxe said:
The Job Offer letter from current employer specified the following information.
1. Job designation
2. Reporting Manager
3. Working hours
4. Annual Salary Structure(During Probation and Post Probation)

The Appointment Letter(given to me after joining) from current employer contains the following information in four pages.
1. Date of Commencement of job
2. Job designation
3. Reporting manager
4. Location of Work
5. Job description & Duties
Contains the following text and nothing more. It does not specifies the exact roles and responsibilities.
"The position of............., offered by the Employer to the Employee requires the Employee to perform his duties with utmost sincerity, honesty, and diligence"
6. Probation:
7. Termination of Employment(Notice Period)
8. Compensation amount
9. Hours of Work(morning to evening)
10. Annual Leave
11. General
12. Compensation structure in detail

Other than the above, i have salary slips for past few months and my official visiting card.
Attach everything, just say that you need roles and responsibilities letter as email to HR....not stating reason...and get that email communication...if you are skeptical that you could choose not to show this Work Ex

msudershan2

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
Bangalore
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-11-2016
Doc's Request.
No Document Request Came
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
27-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
06-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
25-09-2017
sandyxe said:
my total experience as of today is 11 years and 2 months

fourth company being my current employer.
I think you are good with first company

sandyxe

Nov 19, 2016
See below the edits -

duration - JAN, 2006 - JAN, 2014
designation - senior software engineer
duration - JAN, 2014 - OCT, 2014
designation - project manager
duration - JAN, 2014 - DEC, 2016
designation - senior software developer
duration - JAN, 2017 - To date
designation - Project Manager

As you mentioned first is fine but that was three years back.

msudershan2

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
Bangalore
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-11-2016
Doc's Request.
No Document Request Came
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
27-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
06-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
25-09-2017
sandyxe said:
See below the edits -

duration - JAN, 2006 - JAN, 2014
designation - senior software engineer
duration - JAN, 2014 - OCT, 2014
designation - project manager
duration - JAN, 2014 - DEC, 2016
designation - senior software developer
duration - JAN, 2017 - To date
designation - Project Manager

As you mentioned first is fine but that was three years back.
You could show first and third, there are plenty of people who haven't showed current employer and still managed to get PR

goyal.maninder

Feb 13, 2017
Hi,

My wife is the main applicant and she has received ~ 5yrs of employment reference letters in desired format from her past employers.

1) Do we need to get the Employment reference letters for spouse as well? I have received reference letter from only one employer ~ 3yrs. Should I get the notarized letter from my boss and submit other employment docs along with that?

2) Since my wife has got the required letters from her past employers, do we need to submit other documents such as appointment letter, salary stubs, relieving letter etc?

Really appreciate any guidance here.

Thanks in advance!
MP