Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
23-04-2016
Sorry guys, this question is probably being repeated here for the millionth time but as you can imagine, it is critical information for me

So I've got a company (Gartner) who have flatly refused to provide me with a reference letter (I have an email response from HR confirming this)

Now I've approached numerous colleagues and all have said that I need to contact HR (which leads me nowhere ofcourse)

That said, I do have a couple of ex-colleagues that "may" provide me with the reference letters (I trust them but I have yet to get my hands on their signed letters)

Now here's my set of q's for you all:

a) This colleague will naturally sign the reference letter on a blank paper (i.e. no letterhead). This is fine, right? Unfortunately I can't get a normal A4 paper notarized so notarization of this letter won't be possible

b) As such, I am planning to attach an affidavit (which WILL be notarized) as well that will state that I was unable to get the reference letter as the HR refused to provide it. Instead, I've got my job duties attested by an ex-colleague.

I will then include the HR email responses, the colleague's signed letter and my other supplementary documents (pay slips, joining letter, exit letter, tax proof, etc) alongside the affidavit

Do you think this will be enough?

Unfortunately, this is the only company that is causing me a problem now as all others have agreed to provide me a reference letter

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
What you can get is an Statuary Declaration/affidavit from a senior colleague stating the exact the same information as normally done on a letterhead. This should suffice, additionally you may attach paystubs, tax documents and contract.

hshringi said:
Sorry guys, this question is probably being repeated here for the millionth time but as you can imagine, it is critical information for me

So I've got a company (Gartner) who have flatly refused to provide me with a reference letter (I have an email response from HR confirming this)

Now I've approached numerous colleagues and all have said that I need to contact HR (which leads me nowhere ofcourse)

That said, I do have a couple of ex-colleagues that "may" provide me with the reference letters (I trust them but I have yet to get my hands on their signed letters)

a) This colleague will naturally sign the reference letter on a blank paper (i.e. no letterhead). This is fine, right? Unfortunately I can't get a normal A4 paper notarized so notarization of this letter won't be possible

b) As such, I am planning to attach an affidavit (which WILL be notarized) as well that will state that I was unable to get the reference letter as the HR refused to provide it. Instead, I've got my job duties attested by an ex-colleague.

I will then include the HR email responses, the colleague's signed letter and my other supplementary documents (pay slips, joining letter, exit letter, tax proof, etc) alongside the affidavit

Unfortunately, this is the only company that is causing me a problem now as all others have agreed to provide me a reference letter

MapleLeaf18

Star Member
Jan 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-02-2016
Passport Req..
25-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-09-2016
Why can't you get a normal A4 paper notarized?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
hshringi said:

In addition to what you have mentioned, you can also look up on the Gartner's careers page on their website/Gartner's LinkedIn careers page and see whether there are any openings of your NOC which also has the roles and responsibilities listed. Take a printout of the same along with date and link clearly mentioned. You can include this information in your affidavit as well.