+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job Prospects in Canada

Zain Ahmad

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
mr.expensive said:
If you work hard enough you shall be able to save up enough money to pay your tuition. It's not really that tough to find a job. Keep in mind you'll only work on campus for first six months and thereafter you'll need to apply for off campus work permit. In order to be eligible for off campus work permit I believe you'll need to maintain certain GPA. Anyhow, the answer to your question is that you should be able to save up enough money for next years tuition. Average number of hours you can work in first six months is 20 hours/week @ around lets say minimum $10.... $10 * 20 hours * 52 weeks in a year is about $10,000 approx. I am sure you can work more than 20 hours here and there. So don't worry about it... You'll be fine =)
Thanks Brother..... In which area you are living in Canada ? Yes i am willing to work hard enough i have done such all odd jobs before when i was in UK ..... At On Campus Job they pay you around 10 $ ? Is it so ? and what they will be paying after 6 Months.... ? Didn't understand your point of working "you can work more than 20 hours here and there " ..... if you could explain ?

vijai

Star Member
May 11, 2012
Can we work illegally before getting offcampus workpermit??

and explore about partime jobs around in dalhousie and concordia university's??

H

HBK

Not want to discourage to anyone.....just sharing a link.
i love to read sir newton's posts.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/job-in-canada-t70424.0.html

momi

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
First Medical Request 16/02/2012----Further Medical Request 29/03/2012---Second Further Medical 14/05/2012---Third further medical 03/09/2012
Med's Done....
22/02/2012-----Further Medical Done on 18/04/2012----Second Further Medical Done on 05/06/2012----Third Further Medical done on 10/09/2012
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
24/02/2012
HBK said:
Not want to discourage to anyone.....just sharing a link.
i love to read sir newton's posts.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/job-in-canada-t70424.0.html
But HBK these are immigrants ,In my opinion if you have Canadian Education then the things might workout more easily.........

H

HBK

momi said:
But HBK these are immigrants ,In my opinion if you have Canadian Education then the things might workout more easily.........
yes my friend.you are right.These comments are of immigrants who have no canadain education/experience.
Things may be easy for those who have canadian education,and that is why i think some (not all) immigrants take some college/university courses after landing there.

but the post of newton was my favorite post ever in the forum. i quote it.

Secondly at Vitomanolo16 by saying things like others might have a better life in Canada you are assuming we have not so good life. Allow me to assume you are standing somewhere in a village with toothpick in your mouth scratching your ass looking at pretty girls pass by, using the common internet cafe shared by 10,000 people in your village and dreaming about coming to Canada someday. So assuming things is not a good idea.

We are not generalizing
We are THE people who have left our careers because people have just told us good things about Canada and kept other things to themselves.
We are THE people who left our business because people have just told us good things about Canada and kept other things to themselves.
We are THE people who thought about our kids because people have just told us good things about Canada and kept other things to themselves.
We are THE people who took a chance with our future because people have just told us good things about Canada and kept other things to themselves.

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
trooper_911 said:
i suggest that you start by volunteering for community and welfare program and gain experience from that. there are enough jobs for the right people. it would help to build a good contact base like momi said.
Would you please further elaborate what kind of jobs are these.....plus how can you get them?

trooper_911

Star Member
Aug 9, 2012
Colombo
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/07/2012
IELTS Request
7.5 bands overall
Med's Request
10/08/2012
Med's Done....
10/08/2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-09-2012
LANDED..........
09-09-2012
what i meant about is not exactly jobs. i meant about volunteering services. there are many groups and activities concerning community/social/animal welfare mainly for good causes. you could start by helping them out with providing your labor and get recommendation letters from people who head them. it will be very beneficial for you. to join these kind of events and jobs, refer to www.kijiji.ca . and search under community ----> volunteer . there may be other sites, but this is what i know about. mostly you will be unpaid for your services, but the exposure and the networking you will gain from it will be invaluable. also there will clubs and societies in your college. joining them and participating in those club activities actively will also count to your portfolio. this is the kind of Canadian experience I'm talking about. this is my personal opinion and there will be people who will disagree with me.

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
trooper_911 said:
what i meant about is not exactly jobs. i meant about volunteering services. there are many groups and activities concerning community/social/animal welfare mainly for good causes. you could start by helping them out with providing your labor and get recommendation letters from people who head them. it will be very beneficial for you. to join these kind of events and jobs, refer to www.kijiji.ca . and search under community ----> volunteer . there may be other sites, but this is what i know about. mostly you will be unpaid for your services, but the exposure and the networking you will gain from it will be invaluable. also there will clubs and societies in your college. joining them and participating in those club activities actively will also count to your portfolio. this is the kind of Canadian experience I'm talking about. this is my personal opinion and there will be people who will disagree with me.

Thanks for a detailed answer :)

trooper_911

Star Member
Aug 9, 2012
Colombo
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/07/2012
IELTS Request
7.5 bands overall
Med's Request
10/08/2012
Med's Done....
10/08/2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-09-2012
LANDED..........
09-09-2012

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
HBK said:
yes my friend.you are right.These comments are of immigrants who have no canadain education/experience.
Things may be easy for those who have canadian education,and that is why i think some (not all) immigrants take some college/university courses after landing there.

but the post of newton was my favorite post ever in the forum. i quote it.

Secondly at Vitomanolo16 by saying things like others might have a better life in Canada you are assuming we have not so good life. Allow me to assume you are standing somewhere in a village with toothpick in your mouth scratching your ass looking at pretty girls pass by, using the common internet cafe shared by 10,000 people in your village and dreaming about coming to Canada someday. So assuming things is not a good idea.

We are not generalizing
We are THE people who have left our careers because people have just told us good things about Canada and kept other things to themselves.
We are THE people who left our business because people have just told us good things about Canada and kept other things to themselves.
We are THE people who thought about our kids because people have just told us good things about Canada and kept other things to themselves.
We are THE people who took a chance with our future because people have just told us good things about Canada and kept other things to themselves.
HBK
i liked that post too and its good people read that post and be prepared. we cannot say it will apply to all but atleast its not a rosy picture of canada. Its good to dream but should also be practical and be prepared for tough times. things are not as they seem and with tough economic times we all should be prepared. western economies got hit hard in recent years and jobs are not as many as they used to be.

H

HBK

mead said:
HBK
i liked that post too and its good people read that post and be prepared. we cannot say it will apply to all but atleast its not a rosy picture of canada. Its good to dream but should also be practical and be prepared for tough times. things are not as they seem and with tough economic times we all should be prepared. western economies got hit hard in recent years and jobs are not as many as they used to be.
yeah my friend whatever you said is totally true as well...here is the quote of my friend who has just completed his college degree from canada.

People come here thinking its a gold mine, hell yes it is a mine but totally depends upon our perspective if its gold, silver, coal or an empty one.

2) Well perception also matters more than just ability, the thing is I see many people here coming here just for the craze and doing all sorts of odd jobs like construction jobs, holding banners, working 10-15 hours a day. Although they make good money and no job is bad or small but why does one want to leave his country and good prospects there and come to another and do such odd jobs? I don't find it justifying.