+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job Prospects in Canada

Zain Ahmad

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Need help regarding Job Prospects Both On Campus and Off Campus after 6 Months......

Please Guide Experts.....

momi

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
First Medical Request 16/02/2012----Further Medical Request 29/03/2012---Second Further Medical 14/05/2012---Third further medical 03/09/2012
Med's Done....
22/02/2012-----Further Medical Done on 18/04/2012----Second Further Medical Done on 05/06/2012----Third Further Medical done on 10/09/2012
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
24/02/2012
Zain Ahmad said:
Need help regarding Job Prospects Both On Campus and Off Campus after 6 Months......

Jobs depends on you , ur expertise and ur networking....

trooper_911

Star Member
Aug 9, 2012
Colombo
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/07/2012
IELTS Request
7.5 bands overall
Med's Request
10/08/2012
Med's Done....
10/08/2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-09-2012
LANDED..........
09-09-2012
no matter how qualified you are and how much extensive work experience you have in your own country, unless you have Canadian experience, its going to be difficult for you to get a job. i suggest that you start by volunteering for community and welfare program and gain experience from that. there are enough jobs for the right people. it would help to build a good contact base like momi said.

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zain Ahmad said:
I think he was referring to Job while you're a student. You'll find a job Zain. Dont worry. Its all about a little effort and know how about the availability.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Zain Ahmad said:

on campus and off campus job depend on lots of factors.
1. university( does university have enough on campus jobs?)
2. city in which the university is.(are there jobs around university)
3. number of international students competing for on campus and off campus jobs
4. ur contacts in and around university
5. ur ability to work hard and keep a job.( u should be ready to do any kind of job like sweeping cleaning etc)

Zain Ahmad

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
a_a_d said:
I think he was referring to Job while you're a student. You'll find a job Zain. Dont worry. Its all about a little effort and know how about the availability.
Thanks Bro for giving hope.... :)

Zain Ahmad

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
mead said:
on campus and off campus job depend on lots of factors.
1. university( does university have enough on campus jobs?)
2. city in which the university is.(are there jobs around university)
3. number of international students competing for on campus and off campus jobs
4. ur contacts in and around university
5. ur ability to work hard and keep a job.( u should be ready to do any kind of job like sweeping cleaning etc)
Bro i have applied for MBA Program from Thompson Rivers University. Its in Kamloops British Colombia.... Now if you could please guide ... and no worries regarding odd jobs as i have well enough experience of this while i was in UK....

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Zain Ahmad said:
Bro i have applied for MBA Program from Thompson Rivers University. Its in Kamloops British Colombia.... Now if you could please guide ... and no worries regarding odd jobs as i have well enough experience of this while i was in UK....
well then give it a try......make lots of friends, be firendly and use contacts to find better on campus jobs. just a heads up u wont be able to pay fees with these odd jobs it very difficult to manage living expense and pay tution on these odd jobs not that its impossible just difficult.

Zain Ahmad

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
mead said:
well then give it a try......make lots of friends, be firendly and use contacts to find better on campus jobs. just a heads up u wont be able to pay fees with these odd jobs it very difficult to manage living expense and pay tution on these odd jobs not that its impossible just difficult.
Yes it would be difficult but not impossible.... i have to work really hard... But have you came across any person who has been able to pay his fees from such odd jobs ?

Zain Ahmad

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
My concern is that whether i would be able to pay my second year fees at my own not full fees at least instalment .... as i will be paying full fee for first year.... after that will decide upon some instalment plan with university.....

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
i suggest u go through other sections of this forum like settlement, housing and working in canada ..even though they r not completely same as ur case they will give u idea about real life in canada .....

mr.expensive

Aug 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zain Ahmad said:
My concern is that whether i would be able to pay my second year fees at my own not full fees at least instalment .... as i will be paying full fee for first year.... after that will decide upon some instalment plan with university.....
If you work hard enough you shall be able to save up enough money to pay your tuition. It's not really that tough to find a job. Keep in mind you'll only work on campus for first six months and thereafter you'll need to apply for off campus work permit. In order to be eligible for off campus work permit I believe you'll need to maintain certain GPA. Anyhow, the answer to your question is that you should be able to save up enough money for next years tuition. Average number of hours you can work in first six months is 20 hours/week @ around lets say minimum $10.... $10 * 20 hours * 52 weeks in a year is about $10,000 approx. I am sure you can work more than 20 hours here and there. So don't worry about it... You'll be fine =)

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
mr.expensive said:
If you work hard enough you shall be able to save up enough money to pay your tuition. It's not really that tough to find a job. Keep in mind you'll only work on campus for first six months and thereafter you'll need to apply for off campus work permit. In order to be eligible for off campus work permit I believe you'll need to maintain certain GPA. Anyhow, the answer to your question is that you should be able to save up enough money for next years tuition. Average number of hours you can work in first six months is 20 hours/week @ around lets say minimum $10.... $10 * 20 hours * 52 weeks in a year is about $10,000 approx. I am sure you can work more than 20 hours here and there. So don't worry about it... You'll be fine =)
hey mr.expensive ru currently in canada..just wondering..u seem to know about credit history and all so asking

mr.expensive

Aug 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mead said:
hey mr.expensive ru currently in canada..just wondering..u seem to know about credit history and all so asking
Hey mead, yes you got it right.