+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job Promotion/Role change whilst on Implied Status?

Sep 26, 2018
Hi guys.

I applied for PR about 6 weeks ago and have now been offered a promotion at work, for my job which was included as my primary Work Experience (and Job Offer) as part of my CEC application.

The new role would be basically the same but with some extra managerial responsibilities and (hopefully), a bit more money.

However, I'm unsure as to how this might affect my application. Do I need to update CIC, if so, what would that consist of? Presumably I'd need to make a submission via the Web Form and include a new Letter of Employment and a new Employment Contract? It all seems a bit complicated - and don't want to make any errors. But also, obviously - want to accept the promotion.

If you guys have any thoughts or prior experience with this, I'd be very grateful for your help.

Thanks!

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Hi guys.

I applied for PR about 6 weeks ago and have now been offered a promotion at work, for my job which was included as my primary Work Experience (and Job Offer) as part of my CEC application.

The new role would be basically the same but with some extra managerial responsibilities and (hopefully), a bit more money.

However, I'm unsure as to how this might affect my application. Do I need to update CIC, if so, what would that consist of? Presumably I'd need to make a submission via the Web Form and include a new Letter of Employment and a new Employment Contract? It all seems a bit complicated - and don't want to make any errors. But also, obviously - want to accept the promotion.

If you guys have any thoughts or prior experience with this, I'd be very grateful for your help.

Thanks!
Hi there,

Your CEC application is only based on your past experience. Not current and/or future. You don't have to update your application for this move. If CIC faced any concerns they will contact you for clarification.

And just as a side note (cause it is mentioned on your headline), being on Implied Status has nothing to do with your promotion/job. So rest assured, it's all good.

All the best mate,

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi guys.

The heading on the thread says "while on implied status." So, you have applied for a new work permit (presumably a BOWP)? What kind of work permit was the old one? When you are on implied status, you are still under the rules of the old permit. So for you to change positions, you would've had to have been on an open work permit. If you were on a closed permit, you cannot change positions until you get a new (open) work permit, get a new closed work permit for the new position, or land as a PR.

But as far as your CEC application is concerned, changing jobs does not affect it. The only concern is whether you are authorized under the terms of your temporary work permit.