+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job Opportunity

Mar 24, 2018
Hello Members,

I'm from Chennai working as Manager for a BPO company. I'm planning to settle in Canada along with my family but have some ambiguity in my job. What kind of job will I get there, can I get something before applying for PR.
To mention about my career, I'm working as Manager with 15 years of experience in US healthcare industry. Basically collecting payments from insurance companies for Dr's and Hospital's in US.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
If you read through some posts on this forum about employment you will find a common theme that Canadian employers rarely if ever offer jobs to anyone outside Canada unless someone has a skill not available in the country. Given your current role and experience this is very unlikely to be the case and although impossible to predict finding a similar role in Canada maybe challenging.

Immigration unfortunately is a leap into the unknown, works for some, does not work for others with many people finding they in effect start both their lives , financial situation and careers from the beginning again.

In first instance you need to research which immigration program you might qualify for and there is no harm in looking at some job sites to assess opportunities but as said applying from outside the country do not expect anything positive.