+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job offer

asbenasa25

Jun 26, 2021
Just want to ask if working in Canada is fulltime work or there is also no-pay no-work? I am applying for a work permit for temporary foreign worker? I’ve had given a job offer from a Canadian employer on TFW program with limited details/ employment terms, paid in an hourly wage doesn’t indicate whether fulltime or casual; no duties written, but with the job title and place of work. Now, I am on the passport request stage requiring me to submit my passport in the Canadian embassy. Any advice and thanks in advance your response.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Just want to ask if working in Canada is fulltime work or there is also no-pay no-work? I am applying for a work permit for temporary foreign worker? I’ve had given a job offer from a Canadian employer on TFW program with limited details/ employment terms, paid in an hourly wage doesn’t indicate whether fulltime or casual; no duties written, but with the job title and place of work. Now, I am on the passport request stage requiring me to submit my passport in the Canadian embassy. Any advice and thanks in advance your response.
Full time since you have an approved LMIA from your employer and approved closed work permit.

asbenasa25

Jun 26, 2021
Full time since you have an approved LMIA from your employer and approved closed work permit.
Thanks Naturgrl. Do you think I further need to ask them to provide me an employment contract or a job offer will do? In the job offer, the start date indicates TBD. Further, do I need that copy of employment contract and LMIA to show it to border officer to enter in Canada later?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks Naturgrl. Do you think I further need to ask them to provide me an employment contract or a job offer will do? In the job offer, the start date indicates TBD. Further, do I need that copy of employment contract and LMIA to show it to border officer to enter in Canada later?
So do you have your closed work permit with LMIA to enter Canada?

asbenasa25

Jun 26, 2021
So do you have your closed work permit with LMIA to enter Canada?
I’m still on the process of work permit application. My agent won’t share to me copy of LMIA at this time without the employer consent. But I‘ve been told to submit my passport to embassy of canada within 30days. They send me a copy of document from IRCC saying a decision has been made on my application and they require my passport to finalize processing the application.

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I’m still on the process of work permit application. My agent won’t share to me copy of LMIA at this time without the employer consent. But I‘ve been told to submit my passport to embassy of canada within 30days. They send me a copy of document from IRCC saying a decision has been made on my application and they require my passport to finalize processing the application.
The agent not sharing the LMIA is very strange. Have you given any money? Can you post any information on the job or IRCC documents?

asbenasa25

Jun 26, 2021
The agent not sharing the LMIA is very strange. Have you given any money? Can you post any information on the job or IRCC documents?
So far, I did not give any money to them. They asked me before why I need a copy of it and couldnt be shared as of the time as it is the employers property. I will send you a message on the documents given. I am unable to attach it in the post. How can i post it?

Last edited:

asbenasa25

Jun 26, 2021
Hi Naturgrl. I couldn’t post the document. As I see , the IRCC document is IMM 5740 (10-2018) E GCMS that is written below the page.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Naturgrl. I couldn’t post the document. As I see , the IRCC document is IMM 5740 (10-2018) E GCMS that is written below the page.
You have to trust that this is not a scam if you are going to go ahead and give them your passport information. What is the NOC? For the job offer is it too good to be true - free airfare, accommodations, food etc. If so, fake.

asbenasa25

Jun 26, 2021
You have to trust that this is not a scam if you are going to go ahead and give them your passport information. What is the NOC? For the job offer is it too good to be true - free airfare, accommodations, food etc. If so, fake.
I don‘t know what is the NOC, as the LMIA details was not disclosed. As for the job offer, there is no airfare, no accommodation. Some benefits included such as health and dental, ESPP/Shares & RPP, free work permit fees, 2 weeks vacation per annum, some probationary, termination provisions. The start date is TBD.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I don‘t know what is the NOC, as the LMIA details was not disclosed. As for the job offer, there is no airfare, no accommodation. Some benefits included such as health and dental, ESPP/Shares & RPP, free work permit fees, 2 weeks vacation per annum, some probationary, termination provisions. The start date is TBD.
How can you not know the NOC (what the job is) and what the LMIA details state…is this real? What is the company because if there are ESPP then you have get shares in the company so it must be public. RPP comes off your pay check every month and goes to the government.

asbenasa25

Jun 26, 2021
How can you not know the NOC (what the job is) and what the LMIA details state…is this real? What is the company because if there are ESPP then you have get shares in the company so it must be public. RPP comes off your pay check every month and goes to the government.
I should better try to ask a copy of the LMIA again. Coz i really believe its all there all your queries. Could you tell me what is the right polite way to say it to them so that they would give me a copy? Btw, the name of the employer is Westower communications and SYMY Immigration is their designated agent.

singhno

Jan 12, 2022
I should better try to ask a copy of the LMIA again. Coz i really believe its all there all your queries. Could you tell me what is the right polite way to say it to them so that they would give me a copy? Btw, the name of the employer is Westower communications and SYMY Immigration is their designated agent.
what are they hiring you for? you dont know that? its a fake then