+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job offer

Secil

Oct 23, 2019
Hi everybody,

I have one question regarding job offers. Do the LMIA exempt fellowship offers for medical doctors- I am a radiologist- ( 1year, full time and paid) count as a valid job offer to get scores for express entry. They will provide the LMIA exemption number shortly before the start of the felowship.

Thank you in advance

adao99

Star Member
Aug 28, 2019
Hi everybody,

I have one question regarding job offers. Do the LMIA exempt fellowship offers for medical doctors- I am a radiologist- ( 1year, full time and paid) count as a valid job offer to get scores for express entry. They will provide the LMIA exemption number shortly before the start of the felowship.

Thank you in advance
From my understanding, yes. It's LMIA exempt and they will give you a LMIA-exempt number. That's an absolute 50 points.

Reactions: Secil

Secil

Oct 23, 2019
From my understanding, yes. It's LMIA exempt and they will give you a LMIA-exempt number. That's an absolute 50 points.
Thank you for your reply. I am still a bit confused about how the process goes on. I get the LMAI number roughly 4 months before the fellowship starts. If express entry system does not call me to apply for PR within these 4 months I will have started the fellowship. Does that mean that my points for a job offer get nulled when I actually start doing the fellowship?

adao99

Star Member
Aug 28, 2019
Thank you for your reply. I am still a bit confused about how the process goes on. I get the LMAI number roughly 4 months before the fellowship starts. If express entry system does not call me to apply for PR within these 4 months I will have started the fellowship. Does that mean that my points for a job offer get nulled when I actually start doing the fellowship?
As long as your job offer is valid for one year after you receive ITA (Invitation to Apply) then you are good.

In my case, I got an indefinite job offer so even though I have worked for quite some time, the LMIA is still valid. Hope this helps.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You should doublecheck this. I think fellowships are considered education not jobs and based on my recollection fellowships don’t allow doctors to apply for PR. Canada actively tries to accept international fellows in order to train people so that they take their skills back to their home country,