+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job offer

Shah1981

Jan 9, 2019
Hi,
I would like to work in canada, postgraduate from NZ and more than 6yr exp in supervise cum manager. Anyone help me where I can post my resume to get job.
Thanks in advance.

Nona_01

Jan 16, 2019
It is almost impossible to find an employer to offer a job and support an LMIA application for someone outside of Canada so suggest you research the various immigration options.

https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html
Is it really that impossible to get a job offer from a Canadian employer? What if you have a high level of education, like a PhD? Will it still be as hard even if you have PhD?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Is it really that impossible to get a job offer from a Canadian employer? What if you have a high level of education, like a PhD? Will it still be as hard even if you have PhD?
Just having a PhD doesn't make it easier. Being highly educated AND having specific skilled work experience that is in demand can make it easier but it is still a very hard process for an employer to hire a foreign worker.

Nona_01

Jan 16, 2019
Just having a PhD doesn't make it easier. Being highly educated AND having specific skilled work experience that is in demand can make it easier but it is still a very hard process for an employer to hire a foreign worker.
I understand. What do you think are the chances of getting a job offer for someone who's just finished their PhD (outside of Canada) and has zero work experience? Is it something totally out of reach? Am I dreaming too big? Should I just let it go, realistically speaking?

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
I understand. What do you think are the chances of getting a job offer for someone who's just finished their PhD (outside of Canada) and has zero work experience? Is it something totally out of reach? Am I dreaming too big? Should I just let it go, realistically speaking?
The more eduated you are the less available jobs there are. PhD's driving taxi, delivering pizza and so on. Unless you go into universities to teach, but even there you start low.
I would not mention your PhD in your resume, it can deter an employer..

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Without work experience, no chance. No employer is going to go through the LMIA process for someone who hasn't even shown that they can do the job.