+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job Offer

sylas

Jul 26, 2018
I have a few questions about the job offer.

If you get the job offer letter accompanied with an LMIA, is it required that you actually accept the job and start working once you move to canada in that job in order to claim the bonus points?

If so, how long must you work there in order to satisfy the requirements, what happens if you quit or get fired do they strip your Pr? Or if you get a better job offer once you’re there as a PR

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017

If you get the job offer letter accompanied with an LMIA, is it required that you actually accept the job and start working once you move to canada in that job in order to claim the bonus points?

If so, how long must you work there in order to satisfy the requirements, what happens if you quit or get fired do they strip your Pr? Or if you get a better job offer once you’re there as a PR
You do need a signed offer of employment I'm pretty sure, but they don't care whether you actually start working or not.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018

- Yes it should come into force the first day of your job.
- The offer letter(which you have) and the Letter of reference(which you can ask once you start working here) that your employer that you receive from your employer, either document should meet the following statement:

Your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you’re accepted as a permanent resident

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

Had similar discussion with another forum member... He was a PGWP holder.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/my-ita-has-come-but-the-work-permit-is-not-ready.573325/page-2

sylas

Jul 26, 2018
- Yes it should come into force the first day of your job.
- The offer letter(which you have) and the Letter of reference(which you can ask once you start working here) that your employer that you receive from your employer, either document should meet the following statement:

Your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you’re accepted as a permanent resident

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

Had similar discussion with another forum member... He was a PGWP holder.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/my-ita-has-come-but-the-work-permit-is-not-ready.573325/page-2
i’m talking about a job offer from someone not living in canada at the time of the officer

sylas

Jul 26, 2018
Yes I can read English my friend :D...
Some of the conditions are similar...
Ok, maybe I'm a little confused on the subject. In order to get to Canada for PR via express entry, I would depend on the 50 bonus points from the job offer. So how do I get to Canada and get to the job for the first day in order for it to go into effect I supposed is my query. I was under the impression the job offer alone gave you the 50 bonus points towards your express entry profile?

I didn't mean to sound sassy in my reply, genuinely curious on the workings of the bonus points for Express Entry

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ok, maybe I'm a little confused on the subject. In order to get to Canada for PR via express entry, I would depend on the 50 bonus points from the job offer. So how do I get to Canada and get to the job for the first day in order for it to go into effect I supposed is my query. I was under the impression the job offer alone gave you the 50 bonus points towards your express entry profile?

I didn't mean to sound sassy in my reply, genuinely curious on the workings of the bonus points for Express Entry
No - the job offer alone doesn't give you the points. You also need an approved LMIA. The chances of finding an employer willing to go through the LMIA process are close to nil unfortunately.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018

Yes I agree with what @scylla mentioned above. You can find job, only if you very highly qualified and specialization/experience is not available in the country.
The other route is that your employer has a entity here and they can initiate a Intra Company Transfer(LMIA Exempt). That will allow you few things, job offer and you can work here on a WP which in turns helps you gain Canadian Experience. But again there are lot T&Cs applied here... job has to be a senior management role etc....

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Yes I agree with what @scylla mentioned above. You can find job, only if you very highly qualified and specialization/experience is not available in the country.
The other route is that your employer has a entity here and they can initiate a Intra Company Transfer(LMIA Exempt). That will allow you few things, job offer and you can work here on a WP which in turns helps you gain Canadian Experience. But again there are lot T&Cs applied here... job has to be a senior management role etc....
A third option is to obtain a temporary work permit for Canada, get some work experience (1yr) under your belt and then have your employer issue you a Job Offer - as long as you're on an employer-specific permit it will give points as well, no LMIA needed. Mainly depends on OP's age and if he's from a VWP country that determines how likely he's going to get a work permit.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
A third option is to obtain a temporary work permit for Canada, get some work experience (1yr) under your belt and then have your employer issue you a Job Offer - as long as you're on an employer-specific permit it will give points as well, no LMIA needed. Mainly depends on OP's age and if he's from a VWP country that determines how likely he's going to get a work permit.
This is what I wrote above, i dont know what is the difference are you quoting here ?

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
This is what I wrote above, i dont know what is the difference are you quoting here ?
I'm not talking about an Intra-company transfer, but first obtaining a work permit, and then applying for jobs at a Canadian employer - then get 1yr work experience, and claim the extra 50pts. when they give you a new job offer.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
I'm not talking about an Intra-company transfer, but first obtaining a work permit, and then applying for jobs at a Canadian employer - then get 1yr work experience, and claim the extra 50pts. when they give you a new job offer.
@scylla wrote above as well... getting a WP is not at all that straight forward if you are outside of Canada.

Reactions: scylla

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
@scylla wrote above as well... getting a WP is not at all that straight forward if you are outside of Canada.
If you already have a WP before applying to jobs, it's actually not all that uncommon to be able to land a job in Canada. I'm living in Vancouver and I see it happen all the time around me - skilled workers who come here while on a WP and landing jobs fairly easily. Of course it depends what one's Age + Nationality is whether getting a WP without an LMIA is feasible or not - many VWP countries let you get a 1yr Working Holiday visa, 1yr Young Professionals visa and an internship visa, which is how a lot of people can claim Canadian work experience (or through PGWP) on an application.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you already have a WP before applying to jobs, it's actually not all that uncommon to be able to land a job in Canada. I'm living in Vancouver and I see it happen all the time around me - skilled workers who come here while on a WP and landing jobs fairly easily. Of course it depends what one's Age + Nationality is whether getting a WP without an LMIA is feasible or not - many VWP countries let you get a 1yr Working Holiday visa, 1yr Young Professionals visa and an internship visa, which is how a lot of people can claim Canadian work experience (or through PGWP) on an application.
You're talking about someone who has an OWP. That's a completely different situation.

Vast majority of people do not qualify for an OWP. To qualify, obviously you have to meet very specific criteria such as having a spouse in Canada on a study permit or skilled work permit. Or you have to be the right age and hold citizenship in one of the few countries where Canada has a working holiday visa agreement.

For most, the OWP is not an option. In that case they have to go the job offer + LMIA route which is next to impossible to do.

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
You're talking about someone who has an OWP. That's a completely different situation.

Vast majority of people do not qualify for an OWP. To qualify, obviously you have to meet very specific criteria such as having a spouse in Canada on a study permit or skilled work permit. Or you have to be the right age and hold citizenship in one of the few countries where Canada has a working holiday visa agreement.

For most, the OWP is not an option. In that case they have to go the job offer + LMIA route which is next to impossible to do.
I'm not. International Experience Canada is open to citizens of many VWP countries, provided they're not over the age of 30 (35 in some cases). The program offers both Open and Closed-work permits. There's some basic criteria, but most people should be able to qualify for it. Not that many people seem to know about it though. In some cases, people can work for 3 continuous years in Canada without needing any LMIA, Canadian relatives, etc.

Hence why I was wondering what OP's age + nationality is - IEC can land you Canadian work experience and a valid job offer fairly easily (at least compared to going through the LMIA process) - which in turn can get someone PR where they wouldn't be able to otherwise.