+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job offer without LMIA

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Dear all, I am an international student and I am in Canada now. My spouse applied at the same time with me for the SOWP but his visa issued three weeks after me so I forced to travel alone as I have in-person classes here. Now he want to travel to Canada alone and asked for the travel excemption letter but the IRCC replied that they do not issue this letter for the work permit holders and they suggest that he should delay his travel unless he hold a job offer. On the other hand he has a job offer from a company in Ontario but the employer told him that they will apply for the LMIA number once he arrived in Canada. Now my question is that is this job offer considers as a job offer that they need to let him in? Can he enter Canada with a OWP and a job offer without LMIA?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dear all, I am an international student and I am in Canada now. My spouse applied at the same time with me for the SOWP but his visa issued three weeks after me so I forced to travel alone as I have in-person classes here. Now he want to travel to Canada alone and asked for the travel excemption letter but the IRCC replied that they do not issue this letter for the work permit holders and they suggest that he should delay his travel unless he hold a job offer. On the other hand he has a job offer from a company in Ontario but the employer told him that they will apply for the LMIA number once he arrived in Canada. Now my question is that is this job offer considers as a job offer that they need to let him in? Can he enter Canada with a OWP and a job offer without LMIA?
If your spouse holds a SOWP then no LMIA is needed. Your spouse should be able to travel to Canada with a written job offer from the employer.

Reactions: Sad93

JK7878

Apr 28, 2019
How is this possible? IRCC has clearly mentioned about obtaining Travel authorization letter for family members of TRV holders. SOWP can travel alone if they have authorization letter. I have seen many people traveling too. But the thing is if yiu have a job offer no authorization letter is needed. There is a detailed page in IRCC website about it.

Reactions: Sad93

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
How is this possible? IRCC has clearly mentioned about obtaining Travel authorization letter for family members of TRV holders. SOWP can travel alone if they have authorization letter. I have seen many people traveling too. But the thing is if yiu have a job offer no authorization letter is needed. There is a detailed page in IRCC website about it.
I have IRCC's email in my account which clearly mentioned that they do not issue the letter for the people with any kind of work permit! Here is the exact text:
Please be advised that temporary foreign workers are exempt from travel restrictions and do not require written authorization from the Government of Canada to travel to Canada by air or land if they’re coming for an essential (non-discretionary) purpose. Each province may have additional restrictions, please check the(ir) website before travelling.

The final decision on admission to Canada is made by Border Services Officers at Canadian ports of entry. In order to be admitted into Canada, and in addition to meeting all the usual entry requirements, foreign nationals must satisfy the examining officer that their entry to Canada is for a non-discretionary purpose.

Many non-essential businesses in Canada are closed or are operating with limited staff. If you have a job with a specific employer, check that the job you’ve been hired for is still available. If you have, or been approved for, an open work permit and you don’t have a job secured before coming, you should delay your travel.