+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job Offer without Interview. Is it a scam?

Fubci124

Jan 8, 2019
Hi,

I have applied for a job recently at a listing website in Dubai, for which I am a current resident. The post was for a vacancy in Holiday Inn Express Toronto. All seems well and fine, they asked to complete an e-form asking for personal details such as my age, or if I am married, or willing to relocate to Canada.

I was not invited for an interview but received an email early this morning for an offer letter. Is this real?

Seems like a scam to me due to a few grammatical errors, and the unprofessional wording of the letter. Can any of you help me out?

from: holiday Inn Express Hotel <holiday.inn_ex@worker.com>
Dear Prospective Candidate,

Thanks for your response, we have received the answers to the Job application questionnaires interview. Find our employment terms and condition with more information about the job offer attached to this email. Read through the attachments and revert to us with the sign copy and the following required documents as stated in this letter for proceedings .

Thanks and best of regards
Human Resource Manager
Cindy Miller

<OFFER LETTER>

Further to the recent submission of your resume in respect of employment at the Holiday
Inn Express hotel, Toronto, Canada. and subsequent online interviews answers with us,
we are pleased to offer you a position of a SALES MANAGER at the Holiday Inn Express
Hotel at a salary of $3,260 cad Per month, (tax free). Accommodation, meals and
traveling allowance will be provided by the Hotel management in accordance with the
management policy. The mode of selection was based on the following: CV and
Qualification. The mode in which your data is been presented on the employment data
sheet. We employ staffs based on four core values namely: Productivity, Talent, Ambition
and Character. We expect all our staffs to exhibit this four core values and make sure all
our staffs especially our international employees are comfortable. Should you accept this
offer of employment, you will be eligible as a full term exempt staff member to
participate in a variety of benefits.
WORKING HOURS, RESTING DAYS AND HOLIDAYS: You will work 5 days a week, 8
hours a day and 40 hours a week. Work from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m and 13:00 to
17:00 pm. You shall have two days off per week and your monthly leaves will be
determined by Holiday Inn Express Hotel Management.
Compensation and benefits as a Staffs of Holiday Inn Express Hotel, our associates can
earn eligibility for:
-Vacation
- Group Insurance
- insurance benefits
- Dental Care and etc...
EMPLOYMENT POLICY: As a Company, It‘s our responsibility to get every Applicant a
work Permit, Work Visa, Flight Ticket. Resident permit Authorization permit and
contract documents that would enable Him/her move and work freely in Canada, Your
documents shall be process at the immigration service here in Canada.
Applicants are require to shoulder %30 of their Medical Insurance upfront to the
Immigration Office where their documents shall be process in order to obtain a Canadian
Immigrant Visa for their Live and work in Canada.
It should be noted that the company do not actually charge applicants to pay any money
to the company before coming to start work here in Canada. The said 30% that
applicants are required to shoulder at the immigration bureau is stated under our
employment policy as an assurance to the company because we do not want to waste the
company money on applicants who are not actually prepared to travel abroad even after
the Visa has been approved to them (Company Policy) and the %30 shall be fully
refunded to the applicant as soon as he/she commence duty here in Canada, since the
company does not charge applicants to pay any money to the company before coming to
Canada to start work.
The following documents and information shall be required from you in order to process
the above required documents for your relocation to Canada.
Attach and send to us the require documents and information by email.
- Valid Passport copy or ID card copy......
- Two Copies of passport size photo............
- Present address, city and country...........
We are confident that you will be able to make a significant contribution to the success of
our Company (Holiday Inn Express Hotel, Toronto, Canada) and look forward to work
with you.
Sincerely,
Thanks and best of regards
Human Resource Manager.
Cindy Miller.
Holiday Inn Hotel Toronto Canada

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's a scam.

Almost all job offers are scams.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
The email address would in itself be a major clue given the real address for the hotel group would be IHG.com. And as with all these scams nobody offers a job without an interview or pays for flights for such a job. The 30percent upfront thing seems to be a new twist and the fact they mention it 3 times to be convincing that they , the scammers, are not pocketing the money when in reality they are.

Just file the offer /scam in the trash and for sure do not send them any money or copies of any documents which some of these people will use in Id theft.

Fubci124

Jan 8, 2019
Seems to be so, I am currently looking for jobs in Canada, so I was hopeful it's real. Anyway, thanks for your help!