+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job Offer with Express Entry

knk2015

Mar 24, 2016
Hi,

My current score in Express Entry is coming out to be 450. Is this a low score? Should I try to an employment?

Should I get an employment before I submit the profile or can I show that I have an offer after I submit my profile?

If a company is willing to offer me an employment, then is applying for LMIA an easy process or should I take the help of a lawyer who can assist that company in filing for LMIA?

My Job Designation for 2 of my jobs was "Warehouse Coordinator" and "Toll Administration Officer", but my work experience in these jobs was on mainly working on the software applications. It's totally not the way the position sounds. I was testing the software application from the business side initially during their implementation but then after the system went live then I was shifted to their operations part. So will the NOC be "2171 - Information Analyst"? What's the best way to choose which NOC applies?

Thanks in advance!!

ImmiWorks

Jul 4, 2016
Unfortunately titles can often be misleading when it comes to what NOC code applies to your experience. Titles can be used to more easily search the NOC database but you should make sure that the majority of the main duties listed match what you did at your job (if they do not, you will need to find a different job title with duties that match yours). An officer will assess whether you meet the NOC code by your main job duties.

Please also note: There have been cases where jobs could be a combination of several NOC codes. As in real life, some companies do opt to combine two jobs into one.

Regarding your Express Entry profile, you should ensure that the information submitted online is always correct and up-to-date. If you currently do not have a valid job offer [supported by an LMIA], make sure to indicate this accordingly in your profile. Once you do receive an employment offer supported by an LMIA, your Express Entry profile can thereafter be easily updated online [just make sure to resubmit it and not only update it].

The lowest score on the latest draws remains high at the moment (around 480 points). While we have only seen the score drop once to 450 points so far and it may take a while for it to come down again, not having a valid job offer is not a reason to hold off on submitting your Express Entry profile as you could be eventually drawn without one (*though it's anyone's guess when that would be*). That being said securing a job offer supported by an LMIA (while your profile is already active) is still your best bet to obtain an Invitation to Apply (ITA) quickly.

FYI: There is no requirement to have a representative for filing an LMIA application and employers that hire a lot of skilled workers from abroad might be very familiar with the process. If unfamiliar with the process, obtaining guidance should be considered though as LMIA applications are 'no slam dunk'. The onus of proof is on the employer.

MelindaL.

Jan 3, 2016
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
20-02-2016
Hi, I have a question in regards to job offers. I recently submitted my application for express entry and have been looking through the job bank. Each application that I open says, " if you are not authorized to work in Canada, your application will be rejected." How do I apply/ get a job offer if I am technically not allowed to work in Canada at this time?

Thanks in advance for any advice on this topic :)

Toma1993

Star Member
May 11, 2017
I am on PGWP been working in my feild for a year and half , how do I get job offer supported with LMIA ? Help please anyone expert on this topic?