+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job offer letter or contract

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
Hello guys,

My future employer will apply for LMIA soon. For the start work date on the contract, we wrote "as soon as the employee is authorized to work". For the LMIA application, we wrote the date we filled out the form.

Is it okay to not provide a specific date or write a date that is not in the future? My employer wants me to start working as soon as possible. Because we do not know how soon we will get the result form Service Canada, I suggested writing the sentence.

Please advise.

Last edited:

jafarm

Nov 30, 2022
Hello guys,

My future employer will apply for LMIA soon. For the start work date on the contract, we wrote "as soon as the employee is authorized to work". For the LMIA application, we wrote the date we filled out the form.

Is it okay to not provide a specific date or write a date that is not in the future? My employer wants me to start working as soon as possible. Because we do not know how soon we will get the result form Service Canada, I suggested writing the sentence.

Please advise.
Any updates? In the same boat

jafarm

Nov 30, 2022
You might be in for a long wait for an answer. The person you are quoting was last on the forum 3 years ago.
Lol. Do you have any thoughts on it?

1. How long into the future can the job start date be (to allow time for processing PR and job offer being valid)?

2. And after ITA, what, if any,"proof of employment" docs do they need?