+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job offer from an embassy

pabloark

Dec 11, 2017
Hi! I just began to work at the Education Office in the Embassy of my country in Canada. It´s a permanent contract, and my employeer is the government of Spain, I mean, a foreign government. The Education Office belongs to the Ministry of Education of Spain. Currently I have a open work permit (Working Holidays Visa) which is going to expire on March 2018. My question is in what kind of inmmigration program I have to apply in order to stay here? Express Entry? Federal Skilled Worker? Is that possible?
Thanks in advance,

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can apply (if you meet the eligibility criteria) via the Federal Skilled Worker program. It will have to be based on your foreign work experience.

Do not try to claim points for a valid job offer as you do not qualify since your employer is an embassy.

pabloark

Dec 11, 2017
You can apply (if you meet the eligibility criteria) via the Federal Skilled Worker program. It will have to be based on your foreign work experience.

Do not try to claim points for a valid job offer as you do not qualify since your employer is an embassy.
Thank you very much for the answer. So...is that the only inmigration program that I can apply? I have seen that I can´t claim for a valid job offer if my employer is an embassy or consulate. My employer is not exactly an Embassy or Consulate since I work for the Ministry of Education of Spain. On the other hand, it is almost impossible that the Ministry of Education try to get an LMIA.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you very much for the answer. So...is that the only inmigration program that I can apply? I have seen that I can´t claim for a valid job offer if my employer is an embassy or consulate. My employer is not exactly an Embassy or Consulate since I work for the Ministry of Education of Spain. On the other hand, it is almost impossible that the Ministry of Education try to get an LMIA.
You can try to talk to a lawyer and see whether your work experience will be counted as Canadian work experience. If so, you could apply under the Canadian Experience Class program.

That being said, IMO you won't qualify for such program.

pabloark

Dec 11, 2017
You can try to talk to a lawyer and see whether your work experience will be counted as Canadian work experience. If so, you could apply under the Canadian Experience Class program.

That being said, IMO you won't qualify for such program.
Thanks again! In order to complete the information I have already one year of full-time skilled work experience.

gmarquezc

Jul 12, 2022
Hi! I'm in the same situation that you had! In the end, which program did you use for the permanent residence? Canadian Experience Class? Please let me know! I got a job offer in an embassy and have an open work permit as well. I do not know if I should take the job or not, as I do not know if it would count as a Canadian Experience.