+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job Offer for Intended work in Canada in EE profile

xiaohan

Star Member
Jan 13, 2017
Anyone knows whether we should choose Yes or No for the Job offer under the Intended work in Canada section of Work History?

If I am currently employed, do I need to choose Yes for this? It seems if I choose Yes, later on, it would require offer of employment which needs to state NOC, non-seasonal, full time information on employer's letterhead. It seems overlapped with the employment contract or employment record document.

Anyone knows what we should choose?

Thanks in advance.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you're claiming points for having a valid job offer answer "yes" otherwise answer "no"

PAVANVARMA

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
Could anyone please help me

I worked 2 different NOC(B & A) Codes in one companey

do I need to take 2 different letters from my cmpny OR only one??

xiaohan

Star Member
Jan 13, 2017
PAVANVARMA said:
Could anyone please help me

I worked 2 different NOC(B & A) Codes in one companey

do I need to take 2 different letters from my cmpny OR only one??
I guess this is not related to this topic.

But from my understanding, you just need to mention all the positions (different NOC codes) in your employment record/letter.

What I was asking is about the job offer before you started working in a company.

Andrey13

Apr 13, 2017
DelPiero07 said:
If you're claiming points for having a valid job offer answer "yes" otherwise answer "no"
Hi DelPiero07,

You seem to be an expert in the "job offer" questions. Can you please advise on the following (or maybe anyone else can advise):
EE application, CEC, Intended work in Canada:
Does XYZ have a job offer in Canada? - YES or NO?
My situation:
I am on a closed work permit with NOC, tied to a company and received as an LMIA exempt.
So should I say I have a job offer or not? When initially applying for EE I answered No as I am not claiming any points for the job offer, going simply as CEC.

In this topic you answer that if you are not claiming point you should say NO. But in another one you said:
DelPiero07 said:
It has to have the following requirements:

you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:

are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer and
have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa.

As you can see you would need a employer specific work permit to qualify for a valid job offer. Since you have an open work permit this is not the case.

Best of luck!
which got me confused. Please advise. Appreciate any help. Thank you.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Andrey13 said:
Hi DelPiero07,

You seem to be an expert in the "job offer" questions. Can you please advise on the following (or maybe anyone else can advise):
EE application, CEC, Intended work in Canada:
Does XYZ have a job offer in Canada? - YES or NO?
My situation:
I am on a closed work permit with NOC, tied to a company and received as an LMIA exempt.
So should I say I have a job offer or not? When initially applying for EE I answered No as I am not claiming any points for the job offer, going simply as CEC.

In this topic you answer that if you are not claiming point you should say NO. But in another one you said:
which got me confused. Please advise. Appreciate any help. Thank you.
As long as you didn't claim any points for arranged employment (valid job offer) you can safely answer "no" to that question even if you currently hold a closed work permit.

Andrey13

Apr 13, 2017
DelPiero07 said:
As long as you didn't claim any points for arranged employment (valid job offer) you can safely answer "no" to that question even if you currently hold a closed work permit.
Thank you, after reading around the forum I came to the same conclusion. Just wanted to double check with you. Appreciate the quick reply.

anujw

Mar 14, 2014
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Have a question on arranged employment:

The condition in CIC website is below:
  • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
  • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for the employer(s) on your work permit who is making the offer and
  • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa.
The one year which they mention here - should that be with in Canada ( I assume so ) or would the experience with same employer outside Canada count? My employer have made a permanent offer in Canada, but I've been with them for only months in Canada on ICT though I've been working for them for two years outside Canada. Its not clear on CIC website.