+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job offer for CEC

Jan 14, 2019
HI,

I am currently on a closed work permit working in Montreal, my work permit was issued with LMIA in NOC A category. I am looking to apply for CEC and have some question for job offers:

1. My company has a office in Torronto as well, so If I get a job offer mentioning Torronto as my work location. Do I need to get a new LMIA or the existing one can be used?

2. If with job offer, i meet the points Do I need to apply for ECA? If not, what educational documents are required?

3. How mich time generally it takes to get PR though canadian work experience?

4. Do i need to get IELTS for my spouse as well?

5. Does it make sense to apply for PR standalone ( as. i get more points), get PR and then sponsor my wife? She is currently in canada on open work permit would that create problems?

Thank you in advance.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I am currently on a closed work permit working in Montreal, my work permit was issued with LMIA in NOC A category. I am looking to apply for CEC and have some question for job offers:

1. My company has a office in Torronto as well, so If I get a job offer mentioning Torronto as my work location. Do I need to get a new LMIA or the existing one can be used?

That's a good question that is not addressed by the rules. Here's what it says:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

• if you’re currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on an LMIA, and:
    • you’re working for an employer listed on your work permit
    • you’re authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued
    • your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you’re accepted as a permanent resident
It might be unusual, but I don't see anything in this that could be used against you (unless for some reason they simply do not believe that you intend to move to Toronto). Of course it would be safer to get a new LMIA, but...

If you try it, please update us on how it goes...

2. If with job offer, i meet the points Do I need to apply for ECA? If not, what educational documents are required?
ECA is not mandatory under the CEC class. You may still be asked for scans of any degrees/diplomas.

3. How mich time generally it takes to get PR though canadian work experience?
The standard is to process 80% of applications within 6 months from the AOR.

4. Do i need to get IELTS for my spouse as well?
Not mandatory, but you will lose points if you do not.

5. Does it make sense to apply for PR standalone ( as. i get more points), get PR and then sponsor my wife? She is currently in canada on open work permit would that create problems?
"Standalone"? No such thing - you are either married or you are not. Since your wife is already here, you cannot claim that she is not accompanying. You will have to include her. That will make life so much easier for you anyway.