+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job offer for BC or ON PNP before moving to Canada

starfish7000

Apr 24, 2022
If I apply for BC PNP Skilled worker category (computer engineering) I calculated I have about 105 points
How does it work - I can look for a job offer before moving to Canada and this will give me a visa / PR?
Do I need LMIA for this offer?

Same question regarding ON PNP Human Capital Proirities
It says its based on CRS score, and no need for a job offer.
However the minimum to pass is roughly 460
I have a score of 430 without a job offer and 480 with a job offer. But in CRS it says LMIA is needed
So assuming I'm trying Human Capital Proirities program - do I need LMIA for my offer or not?
Thanks

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If I apply for BC PNP Skilled worker category (computer engineering) I calculated I have about 105 points
How does it work - I can look for a job offer before moving to Canada and this will give me a visa / PR?
Do I need LMIA for this offer?

Same question regarding ON PNP Human Capital Proirities
It says its based on CRS score, and no need for a job offer.
However the minimum to pass is roughly 460
I have a score of 430 without a job offer and 480 with a job offer. But in CRS it says LMIA is needed
So assuming I'm trying Human Capital Proirities program - do I need LMIA for my offer or not?
Thanks
OINP HCP doesn’t require a job offer. If you don’t have one with a LMIA, your score is 430. Too low to be selected. Or go through the OINP Employer Job Offer - foreign workers stream if you have a job offer and no LMIA.

BC PNP programs require a job offer to apply to one of their programs. So you need to find an employer (who can’t hire anyone in BC and meets the program eligibility requirements) and then apply and wait to see if you are nominated.

starfish7000

Apr 24, 2022
So you need to find an employer (who can’t hire anyone in BC
the requirement that employer need to demonstrate that he couldn't hire anyone in BC - is it a requirement for tech stream as well? Also - what is the actual evidence required? is it simpler than getting LMIA, and how likely an employer would be willing to provide it?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
the requirement that employer need to demonstrate that he couldn't hire anyone in BC - is it a requirement for tech stream as well? Also - what is the actual evidence required? is it simpler than getting LMIA, and how likely an employer would be willing to provide it?
Go through the program guide, but first line is that employer couldn’t find employers in BC. Evidence for the employer is that job was posted and noone applied for it. Not simple as you still need to find employer willing to sponsor you and meet requirements.

https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/Employers