+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job offer Express Entry

javier500

Apr 11, 2016
Hi!
I have a question. Currently I have a full-time temporary (NOC A) position until December 2018. I have been working on the company for more than 1 year. Hopefully, the company is going to offer me a full-time permanent position. It is my same position and salary but permanent. NOC is A (IT position)

My question is: could I get points in the EEntry because of my new job offer?

I read the next in CIC website:

For Express Entry, your employer doesn’t need an LMIA if you:

1. have been working full-time for the employer on your work permit for at least one year (or an equal amount of part-time work)
  2. have a valid job offer, and
  3. have a valid work permit that is exempt from an LMIA under
    • an international agreement
    • a federal-provincial agreement or
    • the “Canadian interests” category
My situation is the next:

Point 1: I have been working since April 19th, 2017. More that one year. My work visa was International Canadian Experience (exempt LMIA). I got a new "spouse visa" last February because of my wife (she is studying in a college)
point 2: My new permanent job offer. Hopefully, in 3 weeks.
point 3: currently, my "spouse visa" is an exempt LMIA, right? I have read that in the next web site: https://www.canadianimmigration.com/working-in-canada/labour-market-impact-assessment/exemption/

About point 3, the web site says:

Spousal/Dependant Relationships
You may be exempt from the Labour Market Impact Assessment requirement if your spouse or common-law partner is a full-time international student or a skilled foreign worker in a particular field.

What do you think? It will be great if we can get other 50 points!!

Thanks for your help!!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi!
I have a question. Currently I have a full-time temporary (NOC A) position until December 2018. I have been working on the company for more than 1 year. Hopefully, the company is going to offer me a full-time permanent position. It is my same position and salary but permanent. NOC is A (IT position)

1. have been working full-time for the employer on your work permit for at least one year (or an equal amount of part-time work)

Point 1: I have been working since April 19th, 2017. More that one year. My work visa was International Canadian Experience (exempt LMIA). I got a new "spouse visa" last February because of my wife (she is studying in a college)
point 3: currently, my "spouse visa" is an exempt LMIA, right? I have read that in the next web site: https://www.canadianimmigration.com/working-in-canada/labour-market-impact-assessment/exemption/

You may be exempt from the Labour Market Impact Assessment requirement if your spouse or common-law partner is a full-time international student or a skilled foreign worker in a particular field.

Thanks for your help!!
Even though you're working on a LMIA exempt work permit you do not qualify for those points as only those with LMIA or LMIA exempt work permits that are employer specific can qualify.

Reactions: scylla

javier500

Apr 11, 2016
Even though you're working on a LMIA exempt work permit you do not qualify for those points as only those with LMIA or LMIA exempt work permits that are employer specific can qualify.
But I am working on a LMIA exempt work permit... It is that I do not understand...

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But I am working on a LMIA exempt work permit... It is that I do not understand...
Yes, but you're on an open work permit so you do not qualify for those points.

Just working on a LMIA exempt work permit does not mean you are entitled to the points for a valid job offer.

lynne123

Apr 1, 2018
Hi!

Thanks for your help!!

vatsalthakkar

Dec 8, 2017
HI there, I have working experience of 1 year with one employer in NOC B. Do I need to have a new job offer letter to get PR? The points are not reducing on selection of option 'No' in having job offer letter. But still I don't want any trouble.