+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job offer 50 points

moh2109

Dec 10, 2022
Hello,

I am working in Canada since last one year and I'm on closed work permit which is LMIA exempt. Also my permit is valid till 2024.

Following is my condition, please help if I can claim 50 job offer pts:
1) For 9 months( Dec'21 till Oct'22) I worked fulltime for the employer for which I received closed work permit.
2) In Oct'22, I changed my job as my new employer extended the job offer(fulltime) and employer also submitted request for work permit amendment( change in employer).

I am yet to receive my new amended work permit and interim received IRCC email approval against which I started working with new employer since Oct.

In Dec I completed one year in Canada and still working. So can I claim 50 job offer pts as I have worked on exempt permit for 9 months with one employer and for other 3 months worked/working with new employer on the amended LMIA exempt permit.

Thanks!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I am working in Canada since last one year and I'm on closed work permit which is LMIA exempt. Also my permit is valid till 2024.

Following is my condition, please help if I can claim 50 job offer pts:
1) For 9 months( Dec'21 till Oct'22) I worked fulltime for the employer for which I received closed work permit.
2) In Oct'22, I changed my job as my new employer extended the job offer(fulltime) and employer also submitted request for work permit amendment( change in employer).

I am yet to receive my new amended work permit and interim received IRCC email approval against which I started working with new employer since Oct.

In Dec I completed one year in Canada and still working. So can I claim 50 job offer pts as I have worked on exempt permit for 9 months with one employer and for other 3 months worked/working with new employer on the amended LMIA exempt permit.

Thanks!!
No. You need to wait until you complete 1 year of full time work experience with your new employer. Then you can claim the 50 points. So you have another 9 months to wait.