+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job market in Vancouver

anakinhay

Feb 14, 2012
Hi all,

I am planning my move into Vancouver by Feb 2013. As I am a permanent resident, I need to fulfill my residency requirements.

I am in the Finance industry with Credit Collections and Wealth Management - Trust experience.

Just wondering what is the current job market there right now? I am also taking a CSC course to increase my chances of getting employed. After reading so many posts, I know it is hard to get a decent job but any survival jobs to gain that Canadian experience is what I am also looking at for survival.

Does anyone had any idea?

Thanks
Kev

alice_chained

Star Member
Jan 20, 2009
Hey,

Yeah if you want to get an Entry level CSR role at a bank, then you don't need the CSC. I would advise to hold off the CSC till you get the job as a CSR at the bank. If your not getting any interview calls your more than welcome to do it and then look for a role a slightly advanced role.

Concentrate on selling credit cards once your a CSR and then apply for the FSM roles, which is basically the relationship manager type role. Then you can do your CSC which is basically a license to sell Mutual Funds.

But honestly, if you have trust & wealth experience, I would suggest Toronto, majority of the financial sector jobs are all based in Toronto. Vancouver, mostly has retail banking jobs.

anakinhay

Feb 14, 2012
Thank you very much for your reply.

The only reason I am moving to Vancouver in the meantime is cos I got my relatives there. At least I have someone there while searching for a role. My intention is to keep sending cvs to Vancouver itself when I am there and also branch out to Toronto (that is if they are willing to consider me if I am staying in Vancouver).. Its just a plan of mine. Not sure if it works but I am hoping for the best.

I am just keeping my hopes up and try to be optimistic. I know it is tough out there, quitting my role back home and head to Canada but no venture no gain.

Anyone has the same experience as well?

chibiks

Apr 12, 2010
if you must apply for toronto jobs from vancouver, you must use a toronto address and phone number. You can use Wind mobile toronto phone number in vancouver. Toronto jobs are fiercely competitive, you cant get a csr job from vancouver unless you are truly and exceptionally lucky. btw i have visited vancouver and really prefer Toronto but each to their own! Vancouver is much like england but this is just my opinion.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
If you need a job in Vancouver, try

www.topproducer.com -- Phone Support for Realtor S/W, start is 36K

Vancouver has got many job opportunities and life is way better than Toronto, including weather so keep trying here but you can get a job above, they are always looking for people