22 May 2015
Med's Request
15 July 2015
Med's Done....
1st medical 20 July, final medical on 04 Nov, medical received on 7 Nov 2015
Passport Req..
23 Mar 2016
Hi !

I understand there are different opinions on JOB MARKET in Canada.

Does anyone has knowledge / Info about JOB Opportunities in Canada .. ? Any experience by the landed people in this regard ..?

Especially about HR Jobs in Calgary City... Pl post your experience / knowledge in this regard..

obib

Star Member
Dec 3, 2011
shettyss said:
Hi !

Does anyone has knowledge / Info about JOB Opportunities in Canada .. ? Any experience by the landed people in this regard ..?

Especially about HR Jobs in Calgary City... Pl post your experience / knowledge in this regard..
There are several you will have to start from somewhere........try this:
http://www.canadajobs.org/

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
shettyss said:
Hi !

Just sharing my experience, upon second landing i joined an 8 weeks bridging program - related to my field. The main objectives of the program was to improve newcomer's interviewing skills and self marketing capabilities. They also organized a few networking events and invited a few "potential" employers - i connected to my current boss through one of those events and was hired a few months later.

I would advise you to research and see what bridging programs are available for your field in Calgary, see if you could register before your arrival and time your landing - so that you join the course in your second week or so (i.e. once you are done with the basic stuff such as SIN, bank account, accommodation, etc), once you join meet people, network and take it from there.

I can't stress enough of on the importance of networking, it will help you find your first job, your second job, or advance your career...you name it. Networking is the key.

JGK

Star Member
Jul 16, 2010
Vegreville, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (File Moved to Detroit July 2011)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
31-05-2010
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
01-03-2011
Med's Done....
22-03-2011
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
13-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2011
LANDED..........
12-10-2011
Working in the HR field you will definitely have to orient yourself with Canadian recognised HR practices, probably through additional study. An employer will not look at you with out evidence you know anything about Canadian HR policies & practices

shettyss

Dec 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO / warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Dec 2014
Nomination.....
PER on 31 March 2015
AOR Received.
22 May 2015
Med's Request
15 July 2015
Med's Done....
1st medical 20 July, final medical on 04 Nov, medical received on 7 Nov 2015
Passport Req..
23 Mar 2016
JGK said:
Working in the HR field you will definitely have to orient yourself with Canadian recognised HR practices, probably through additional study. An employer will not look at you with out evidence you know anything about Canadian HR policies & practices
IS there anything we can do it from India to prepare for the same... ?