+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job market Canada

edacaret

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Hi everyone, me and my family are going to live in Canada and will arrive in Calgary on November of this year. I'm gonna be looking for a job (I have a marketing degree and fully bilingual) and at first my wife will mostly be with the kids and helping them with their school work and all that. I've never been to Canada but does anyone know how is the job market right now? How difficult is it to find a job? Any suggestions on websites or recruiting companies I could use in order to apply and look for job opportunities? Should I already be looking for jobs from Guatemala were we currently live or should I just do it once I get there? Any other tips I could need to find one or any other suggestions?

Thank you very much

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Hi everyone, me and my family are going to live in Canada and will arrive in Calgary on November of this year. I'm gonna be looking for a job (I have a marketing degree and fully bilingual) and at first my wife will mostly be with the kids and helping them with their school work and all that. I've never been to Canada but does anyone know how is the job market right now? How difficult is it to find a job? Any suggestions on websites or recruiting companies I could use in order to apply and look for job opportunities? Should I already be looking for jobs from Guatemala were we currently live or should I just do it once I get there? Any other tips I could need to find one or any other suggestions?

Thank you very much
The market is slow... and seems it will be like that for a while. Depending on your talent it can take from 6 weeks to one year to get a job.

Try setting up interviews for the first two weeks when you arrive.

Good luck.