+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job Loss - BOWP Eligibility

Oct 23, 2023
Initial Closed WP(ICT) dates : June 29, 2022 - 18 Sep 2023
Closed WP Extension Applied by Company : July 16, 2023 - Implied Status currently
PR Acknowledgement of Receipt received (CEC) : Sep 2, 2023
  1. 1)Can I apply for the BOWP in Grace implied period (18 Sep- Closed WP extension approved)? If no do need to wait for Closed WP extension to be approved?
  2. 2) Can I work for employer other than my current company while BOWP application is in process or can only work after BOWP is approved?

Last edited:

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Initial Closed WP(ICT) dates : June 29, 2022 - 18 Sep 2023
Closed WP Extension Applied by Company : July 16, 2023 - Implied Status currently
PR Acknowledgement of Receipt received (CEC) : Sep 2, 2023
  1. 1)Can I apply for the BOWP in Grace implied period (18 Sep- Closed WP extension approved)? If no do need to wait for Closed WP extension to be approved?
  2. 2) Can I work for employer other than my current company while BOWP application is in process or can only work after BOWP is approved?
1) No you can not apply for another permit while on implied status. This Grace period that you are on is only because of the closed WP extension application in July. This meant you were in good status when you applied for it. Right now you would be seen as out of status if you decided to apply for the BOWP.

2) Your current implied status allows you to continue to work while you application is pending, nothing changed. Similarly if you applied for the BOWP you can not switch employers, you must wait for the BOWP to be approved first. Its just like applying for the first study permit, you can not start to study until the permit is actually approved.

Reactions: scylla