+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job letter

man2013

Jun 28, 2013
Hi,

I would be completing 1 year soon under NOC 2232 and was thinking of applying for PR under CEC. It would be difficult for me to get the job ref letter as my friends before did not get it. The company said they cannot issue it. What can be done in this case. Is job letter mandatory. Can I submit anything else (like offer letter) to justify my experience

Thanks!

dannymp

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi
If you do not have any other choice than Yes, If your offer letter contains all required information you can use it.

you will find what information should be included in your employers reference letter in CIC document check list.
i.e. Your job title, your duties, hours per week, annual salary and all.

hope this helps

good luck

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
man2013 said:
Hi,

I would be completing 1 year soon under NOC 2232 and was thinking of applying for PR under CEC. It would be difficult for me to get the job ref letter as my friends before did not get it. The company said they cannot issue it. What can be done in this case. Is job letter mandatory. Can I submit anything else (like offer letter) to justify my experience

Thanks!
Submit offer letter along with contract, T4, NOA and if you're working on a LMO then submit that as well. Best replacement for official company reference letter would be a manager or supervisor writing a letter listing your duties. If you can't even get that, then include an explanation letter and tell them that your employer does not do any immigration related work as a matter of policy and include HR contact information for CIC to confirm.

This is not a rare thing and many larger companies just don't issue a letter they don't have a template for or don't do any immigration related work at all. Hopefully your case officer will be understanding and look at the other evidence.

man2013

Jun 28, 2013
Thanks thisisauser and dannymp for your replies.

My offer letter does not have any designation nor the duties. Offer letter doesn't usually have those info. It lists the contractual policies which are company specific and it has the salary listed. By contract, do you mean contract with client. I don't have that either. I have the T4 slips. I may be able to get the letter from my manager. I can also get a mail from the company for not issuing the letter. Does this suffice.

I am on ICT (intra company transfer) not on LMO. Does this create any complications?

Thank you!

niceguy24

Jun 24, 2013
My company also does not provide Job letter. But my earlier Supervisor with whom I worked for 1.5 years, left company and he is ready to provide me reference letter mentioning my job responsibilities. Will that work ? Also can someone please share format of explanation letter to CIC.