+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job letter urgent! Seniors please help need to submit

cazrypr

Star Member
May 15, 2012
For the job letter, the company I am working I worked as administration analyst for 9 months i was paid $13 per hour and then i got a raise to $15 per hour how should I write in the employment letter

1.( total annual salary or per hour wage)?

2. as the main responsibilities and duties are same should I have two different letters or it can be listed on one letter?

3. does it matter if the company does not give any other benefit than 2 weeks paid leave?

Thank you.

Hopefulagain

Apr 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cazrypr said:
For the job letter, the company I am working I worked as administration analyst for 9 months i was paid $13 per hour and then i got a raise to $15 per hour how should I write in the employment letter

i dont think that matters

2. as the main responsibilities and duties are same should I have two different letters or it can be listed on one letter?

i have gotten mine on 1 letter. I guess it makes sense to have on 1 letter for it reduces the number of papers. though technically responsibilities r more generic and duties are specific. so they should not be same.

3. does it matter if the company does not give any other benefit than 2 weeks paid leave?

i dont think it should matter as long as your duties line up with the required NOC. but mention the 2 weeks paid leave in your letter. remember to mention statutory holidays too, if you are paid for those.

Thank you.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
cazrypr said:

"Mr. X's salary was $13 perhour from BEGINNING DATE to END DATE, and $15 per hour since DATE. Currently, his wage is the equivalent of $XX,XXX per year."

Can be one letter. But you mentioned only that you got a raise. Did your position change? If your position did not change, there is just one position.

Not really, but presumably you also receive statutory benefits.

cazrypr

Star Member
May 15, 2012
Thanks alot hopfulagain and jus_ON.

2. I was first on probation and then they confirmed me and gave me a raise, but the position and the duties remained same.

3. and before i was working 35 hours and now they gave me 40 hours. How should i put that into my letter.

Thank alot.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
did the hours change at the same time as your rate of pay? If so, you can write something like this:

"During his probationary period from BEGINNING DATE to END DATE, Mr S worked 35 hours per week at the rate of $13 per hour. From DATE to present, he has been working 40 hours per week at 15 per hour. Currently, his wage is the equivalent of $XX,XXX per year."

You probably realize this, but for the first 9 months at 35 hours per week, you are considered "part-time" by CIC. You'll have to calculate the full-time equivalent for that period, and work a few weeks extra to qualify.

Let's say it was 36 weeks (9 months * 4 weeks per month as a rough guess).

36 weeks * 35 hours per week = 1260 hours

1260 horus / 37.5 hours per week ("full-time hours") = 33.6 weeks FTE.

It's not much different, but you can't apply at exactly 24 calendar months - you should be OK once you work 25 months...