+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job in Canada

sumit39

Jun 26, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi.

I need to know few things.

1. Suppose one gets PR. After getting PR, what is the time frame in which one has to land in Canada?
2. I just searched for few jobs in Canada. Is it feasible, that you get job in canada while sitting in india through telefonic and video conferencing. Becaus it is really scary to land in a forigen country without any job in hand.

Thanks.
Sumit

balakri

Star Member
May 16, 2009
Hi Sumit,

It will be one year from the date that your medicals were done.

As far as job is concerned they are different opinions. Some say its possible some say the candidate needs to be there in canada to get a job. One option would be try for a indian company which can send you there. Another would be the way of normal applying and waiting for telephone call and interview.

I am in the same situation as you are.

If you do get any updates do let me know.

Regards
Bala

FrenchAsian

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
I believed if we have enough funds in hand, we need not fear about the job situation. One can land in Canada first, and while looking for a job, get financial support from back home.

Start off by not being too demanding - ie just ask for a nominal pay, perhaps with a place to stay, and go from there. I believe in this way, it will be easier to land the first job. But that's just my opinion, would appreciate other thoughts too. ....