+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job Experience Question

mathbalaji

Apr 10, 2019
Hey guys, newbie here.

I got the ITA during the last week draw. I'm preparing to submit the application though horrified when I read through this forum about people's experience about application being put on review. So want to get this thing right in one go.

I'm currently in Canada on a Work Permit. I have about 14 years of experience and the first few are blurry. I have three issues now. First, one of the company I worked was closed long back, I only have an experience letter in Indian format, not in Canadian. My experience in this company is about 2 years. I don't have any paystubs as well - we used to get that in paper those days and it's just too long to keep those paystubs! How can I submit the reference letter for this? I do, have a contact who worked with me in this company (my manager, actually) and I still am connected to the CEO on LinkedIn. But since this company is closed, will they accept the reference letter even if it was given by the CEO? If so, is there a specific format I can use?

Second, there's another company which I am not even sure is operative right now. There are so many companies with the same name that I don't know if that's the one I worked for! I can't find any contacts who worked with me in this company (I worked here for just about 6 months). I have the offer letter, relieving letter and experience letter for this, no paystubs here too.

Third, another small tenure, just 5 months. I have paystubs for all 5 months, offer letter, email confirming they won't give me the reference letter (because my manager is no longer working there and no one there to confirm my roles and responsibilities), Offer letter, acceptance of resignation and service certificate.

Some of my friends gave me advise like don't mention these experience in your PR application. But since I'm already here on a Work Permit, and I have submitted these details in my Work Permit application, I'm not sure if I should follow that advise. I worked in the first two companies more than 10 years before. The last one was my previous employment.

Any help here is appreciated, guys!

letsgotocan

Star Member
May 16, 2018
If you do not have the experience letter in the format or with the details that CIC/IRCC requires for all your previous employment history it should be ok as long as your latest employment (or atleast one employement in the past 10 years) is for more than the minimum needed to claim necessary points and you have the documentary evidence with the necessary details included for that job. Note that the NOC should match as well.

For the rest, you can still mention the details sharing whatever evidence/documents you have and attach LoE and detail the reasons for gaps in documentation.

Reactions: mathbalaji

mathbalaji

Apr 10, 2019
The minimum experience required is 3 years to get all the points, right? I have the letter for two companies (present, which is greater than 6 years) and one more where I spent 4.5 years. What do I upload for all the other companies - just the one they gave me when I left the company?

letsgotocan

Star Member
May 16, 2018
The minimum experience required is 3 years to get all the points, right? I have the letter for two companies (present, which is greater than 6 years) and one more where I spent 4.5 years. What do I upload for all the other companies - just the one they gave me when I left the company?
IIRC for foreign experience it is more than 3 years, for Canadian experience you may have to check I do not recall. For the other employments you can show whatever you have (paystubs, employee verification letters or relieving letters etc.,), but ensure that you explain the details (that you satisfy the points criteria for those employments for you have attached evidence as per requirements and for the rest you have attached whatever evidence you currently have) clearly in your LoE.

mathbalaji

Apr 10, 2019
In the last ten years of my experience, I have the letter ready for 2 companies. Only one refused to give me the reference letter because there's no one currently working there who can confirm my roles and responsibilities (the tenure in this company is 5 months). I do have the paystubs and all other letters safely with me for this. So, adding this along with the two reference letters should help me get the points, right?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hey guys, newbie here.

I got the ITA during the last week draw. I'm preparing to submit the application though horrified when I read through this forum about people's experience about application being put on review. So want to get this thing right in one go.

I'm currently in Canada on a Work Permit. I have about 14 years of experience and the first few are blurry. I have three issues now. First, one of the company I worked was closed long back, I only have an experience letter in Indian format, not in Canadian. My experience in this company is about 2 years. I don't have any paystubs as well - we used to get that in paper those days and it's just too long to keep those paystubs! How can I submit the reference letter for this? I do, have a contact who worked with me in this company (my manager, actually) and I still am connected to the CEO on LinkedIn. But since this company is closed, will they accept the reference letter even if it was given by the CEO? If so, is there a specific format I can use?

Second, there's another company which I am not even sure is operative right now. There are so many companies with the same name that I don't know if that's the one I worked for! I can't find any contacts who worked with me in this company (I worked here for just about 6 months). I have the offer letter, relieving letter and experience letter for this, no paystubs here too.

Third, another small tenure, just 5 months. I have paystubs for all 5 months, offer letter, email confirming they won't give me the reference letter (because my manager is no longer working there and no one there to confirm my roles and responsibilities), Offer letter, acceptance of resignation and service certificate.

Some of my friends gave me advise like don't mention these experience in your PR application. But since I'm already here on a Work Permit, and I have submitted these details in my Work Permit application, I'm not sure if I should follow that advise. I worked in the first two companies more than 10 years before. The last one was my previous employment.

Any help here is appreciated, guys!
-You get maximum eligibility points for work experience with 6 years. CRS points for work experience cap at 3 year. So you don't need to include your whole career in your application. Only mention experiences for which you are claiming points for, and the rest goes in personal history.

You don't have to include everything, so you can choose which experiences you include in your application, as long as they satisfy requirements. It's even counter-productive to include experiences for which you do no have proper documentation with duties. Even if you included them in your WP application.

Understand that work experience section is different from personal history section. The first one is to include jobs for which you're claiming points, and the second is to list all activities going back 10 years or since age of 18.

Experiences more than 10 years old shouldn't be mentioned anywhere, as you're only required to mention stuff going back 10 years or since the age of 18, whichever comes first.

mathbalaji

Apr 10, 2019
Thank you for the reply. My current job, I've been working for 6 years and 6 months. In this, the last one year and 3 months are here in Canada. Rest in India. Do you think this particular experience alone is sufficient to get the full points?

Thanks,
Balaji

-You get maximum eligibility points for work experience with 6 years. CRS points for work experience cap at 3 year. So you don't need to include your whole career in your application. Only mention experiences for which you are claiming points for, and the rest goes in personal history.

You don't have to include everything, so you can choose which experiences you include in your application, as long as they satisfy requirements. It's even counter-productive to include experiences for which you do no have proper documentation with duties. Even if you included them in your WP application.

Understand that work experience section is different from personal history section. The first one is to include jobs for which you're claiming points, and the second is to list all activities going back 10 years or since age of 18.

Experiences more than 10 years old shouldn't be mentioned anywhere, as you're only required to mention stuff going back 10 years or since the age of 18, whichever comes first.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Thank you for the reply. My current job, I've been working for 6 years and 6 months. In this, the last one year and 3 months are here in Canada. Rest in India. Do you think this particular experience alone is sufficient to get the full points?

Thanks,
Balaji
With just your current job, you'll get max points for both eligibility points and CRS points.
Maximum CRS points for work xp is 3 years.
Maximum points for eligibility points is 6 years.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Keep things simple and just show current job in work history .. you will get all the required points. Move all the other work experience to personal history.