+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

job experience cash in hand

SwatiThakur

Aug 3, 2018
Hi,
I have a work experience of a year where I was paid in cash. I was fresh out of college and it was a small time job for a year. After that i worked for two years for an multinational company and all my money was paid into the bank. Can I show this as three years of job experience? Will there be any trouble while they verify my experience? My previous employer is willing to provide all the documents such as offer letter, salary vouchers and relieving letter with jobs and responsibilities etc.

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hi,
I have a work experience of a year where I was paid in cash. I was fresh out of college and it was a small time job for a year. After that i worked for two years for an multinational company and all my money was paid into the bank. Can I show this as three years of job experience? Will there be any trouble while they verify my experience? My previous employer is willing to provide all the documents such as offer letter, salary vouchers and relieving letter with jobs and responsibilities etc.
Not an issue if you explain this fact in LoE, show Salary stubs and rest everything in letter is in order.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Thanks.
Also the institute is not registered. Will that create a problem?
You need a reference letter from the employer on an official letterhead, signed, dated and stamped.

If the business is un-registered and does not have official letterheads and stamps, your security screening may take some additional time.

Jun 27, 2019
Wasn't there a rule about "continuous employment"? I thought you had to be continuously employed for x number of months (I forgot the numbers but I think it was 12 months).

student109

May 28, 2022
Hi, I am in a similar situation too.

I have work experience of 1.8 years in an IT company in India. For the first 1.5 months, I was paid in cash and for the rest of the duration, in a Bank account. As I will put the bank statement of full work experience duration, my salary in cash will not be there on the statement. So, how do I prove it? Note that no payslips were given.

Please help me out as I need to apply for my study permit for Fall 2022 as soon as possible due to high processing times.