+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

job description, help needed!!!thanks!!!!

lansbaby

Aug 8, 2010
I worked in a college, and My job title is Receptionist. There are no other administrative job title.
I am wondering if I could apply CEC, really appreciate your advises!!!
Thanks!!!!

The job description is,

 Answering and directing incoming calls and maintaining the call inquiry log
 Greeting visitors to the campus and directing them to the appropriate area
 Maintaining internal communication and messages between staff and students
 Maintaining student transcript databases through entering marks and attendance
 Maintaining policies, procedures and up to date forms files; keeping files adequately stocked
 Supervising entrance examinations for admissions staff, and student make-up examinations for instructors
 Monitoring, maintaining and ordering general office supplies for the campus
 Liaising with external suppliers to coordinate maintenance of general office equipment
 Maintaining general security by managing access to the campus facilities and equipment and supplies. If available observing security monitor.
 Other related duties as assigned to support the business objectives and purpose of the College

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

quote author=lansbaby link=topic=49941.msg379852#msg379852 date=1281325971]
I worked in a college, and My job title is Receptionist. There are no other administrative job title.
I am wondering if I could apply CEC, really appreciate your advises!!!
Thanks!!!!

The job description is,

 Answering and directing incoming calls and maintaining the call inquiry log
 Greeting visitors to the campus and directing them to the appropriate area
 Maintaining internal communication and messages between staff and students
 Maintaining student transcript databases through entering marks and attendance
 Maintaining policies, procedures and up to date forms files; keeping files adequately stocked
 Supervising entrance examinations for admissions staff, and student make-up examinations for instructors
 Monitoring, maintaining and ordering general office supplies for the campus
 Liaising with external suppliers to coordinate maintenance of general office equipment
 Maintaining general security by managing access to the campus facilities and equipment and supplies. If available observing security monitor.
 Other related duties as assigned to support the business objectives and purpose of the College

[/quote]

No, as your work is NOC 1414 and is considered semi-skilled. To apply under CEC you have to have worked in a skilled occupation, in NOC A,B, or O 1414 is level C.