+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job code and study eligibility

Atibha

Dec 14, 2022
Hi, My job noc is 11202 and I have done b tech in Information Technology, so is my degree valid for experience I have in Digital Marketing?

Can I apply for Saskatchewan pnp?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, My job noc is 11202 and I have done b tech in Information Technology, so is my degree valid for experience I have in Digital Marketing?

Can I apply for Saskatchewan pnp?
Are you eligible for SINP through Express Entry of OID? What is your SINP score? SINP is strict as your education must match your NOC. Since your NOC is marketing, SINP may not accept your education.

Atibha

Dec 14, 2022
I am in Digital Marketing, and i belive it is related to my study B. Tech in IT, but someone created this doubt to me. Hence i would like to clear this thing.

In digital marketing I use technologies like wordpress, html, css, php at some extent, photoshop etc. And working in a IT company.

What you think?

How I could be 100% sure about that, from where i can verify this as a proof in case it is needed in future?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am in Digital Marketing, and i belive it is related to my study B. Tech in IT, but someone created this doubt to me. Hence i would like to clear this thing.

In digital marketing I use technologies like wordpress, html, css, php at some extent, photoshop etc. And working in a IT company.

What you think?

How I could be 100% sure about that, from where i can verify this as a proof in case it is needed in future?
For Express Entry and most PNPs, your education doesn’t need to match your NOC. For SINP, it must. So the NOC’s job responsibilities must match your education. Photoshop, Wordpress are programs that don’t require a B.Tech.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What is your SINP score? Has your score and NOC been drawn? You will not know until invited and review by SINP officers.

The NOC’s education requirements are:
  • A university degree or college diploma in business marketing, public relations, communications, journalism, museology or a discipline related to a particular subject matter is usually required.
So if you can prove discipline then it may or may not be approved. Working in an IT company doesn’t necessarily require a B.Tech for PR. As mentioned photoshop, Wordpress are not programs that require degree/diploma.

Atibha

Dec 14, 2022
Its not limited to photoshop etc there are lots of things like, Adwords, Analytics, Leads, Conversions, Seo, Social media marketing, web design, different other technical tools, a proper ui, proper website content, proper structure, proper use of code and many other things that help a business for better performance.

Atibha

Dec 14, 2022
What is your SINP score? Has your score and NOC been drawn? You will not know until invited and review by SINP officers.

The NOC’s education requirements are:
  • A university degree or college diploma in business marketing, public relations, communications, journalism, museology or a discipline related to a particular subject matter is usually required.
So if you can prove discipline then it may or may not be approved. Working in an IT company doesn’t necessarily require a B.Tech for PR. As mentioned photoshop, Wordpress are not programs that require degree/diploma.
Thanks

So can I try applying to SINP? They can reject or accept, right? They will analyse all theae things before i pay fee and no issues once I get approval and pay fee and would not be banned for this if they think my degree is not related?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Its not limited to photoshop etc there are lots of things like, Adwords, Analytics, Leads, Conversions, Seo, Social media marketing, web design, different other technical tools, a proper ui, proper website content, proper structure, proper use of code and many other things that help a business for better performance.
None of those mentioned require a B.Tech. Have you been invited to SINP? If so ask SINP because as mentioned SINP is very strict that education must match NOC. If invited, and don’t believe your NOC matches, your file will be sent to PIU for further review. After you receive Invitation to Apply, you pay fees. Some fees are non refundable so read through SINP site.

Atibha

Dec 14, 2022
None of those mentioned require a B.Tech. Have you been invited to SINP? If so ask SINP because as mentioned SINP is very strict that education must match NOC. If invited, and don’t believe your NOC matches, your file will be sent to PIU for further review. After you receive Invitation to Apply, you pay fees. Some fees are non refundable so read through SINP site.
Can I comfirm this from anywhere? Before applying for EOI? Not invited yet, just confirming before taking any action.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Can I comfirm this from anywhere? Before applying for EOI? Not invited yet, just confirming before taking any action.
Contact SINP then and talk to them. As per rules,

Last draw for your NOC was 82, so aim for that score.

Atibha

Dec 14, 2022
All right, thanks

One more question, As I said I have experience in digital marketing - manager level, so what would be my noc code according to you, is it 11202 or something else related to web?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
All right, thanks

One more question, As I said I have experience in digital marketing - manager level, so what would be my noc code according to you, is it 11202 or something else related to web?
NOC is not based on title but job responsibilities. Your job responsibilities must match the NOC.

Atibha

Dec 14, 2022
Is there any way I can send my job roles cv to you? If possible can you please let me know the right noc.